+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Reminder of a period when the Government did not trust the American people

Member gopguy is on a distinguished road

Member #
    Liked
    36 times

Reminder of a period when the Government did not trust the American people

Not that the current White House regime does either. Here we have a "ban" period (1994-2004) Colt Match Target Competition Hbar from my collection in .223 complete with 9 shot Colt factory magazine. Defanged, minus the bayonet lug and flash hider. Diane Feinstein had a hissy fit about these so called loophole guns where the manufacturers went around the libs in Congress and their intent to ban these guns altogether. Though the rifle is indeed a tack driver she is also a reminder of leaders who do not trust the people with arms and why anti gun politicians must be opposed. Register now if you are not and vote this fall my friends.

William B. likes this.

Senior Member William B. is on a distinguished road

Member #
    Liked
    44 times

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Contact your legislators and let them know how you feel about gun control:

Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    Well put. I love how this shoots but every time I look at her the gut reaction is I would like to punch the #%^&* who forced this to be done to what is otherwise a fine, accurate Colt rifle.

Senior Member halfmoonclip is on a distinguished road

Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Oddly, that is the very rifle I bought when the ban sunsetted. I didn't give a rodent's deirrere about black rifles until the gummint said I couldn't have one. Kept that Colt for awhile, but the weight troubled me, and several transformations finally led to an A1 replica like the one I had in the service.
    Hopefully the wedge the antis tried to drive between us and the 'Fudds' has been eliminated. There are still eletists out there who won't object to any gun laws as long as it doesn't adversely effect their double barrel shotgun, but I think most shooters have figured out that if we don't hang together, we'll end up hanging one at a time.
    Moon
    BMAC likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    I was President of my gun club 1991-1993 and months after our first child was born I stepped down as we had our hands full, I knew I would miss some meetings. The chap who replaced me was a nice enough fellow but really did not think things through much. A bit of a useful idiot for people like Sara Brady... Primarily a shotgun guy he also collected M1 Garand rifles and M1 carbines. As Clinton began pushing his so called Assault Weapons ban this fellow wanted to ban the use of AR-15, AKs, FN FALS, HK91s etc... at the club for the sake of winning over local public opinion. I pointed out would it not make more sense if we were going to go this route to ban firearms, real weapons of war, that might have been used to kill someone in conflict, like his M1s. He stammered a bit then suddenly changed his mind about the issue. Needless to say he was defeated in the clubs next Presidential election. It was our first contested race in years he was soundly and embarrassingly trounced only getting ten votes.

I do some education classes for our young shooters and I keep guns like this and blocked off ten shot pistol magazines as part of my class with them, reminding them as I point to the plastic half, the block that that is the symbol for gun owners of a government that does not trust them and to be ever vigilant in protecting their gun rights so they can pass the right down to the next generation intact as we are trying to do for them. We all need to play our role in defending our gun rights. Join NRA, GOA your state groups, in my case it is BFA Buckeye Firearms Association, Buckeye Firearms Association | Defending Your Firearm Rights and of course get out and vote.

big_gus likes this.

Senior Member halfmoonclip is on a distinguished road

Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    We achieved a major victory by allowing the 'assault gun' ban to sunset, chiefly by electing people who saw things our way. We also gave the libs and the gun haters a real scare by overturning exisiting majorities in both houses. It's a scare that they haven't forgotten for the time being, which is why 'the ONE' in the White House hasn't pushed a gun bill, or at least hasn't promoted one openly. Stuff like 'Fast and Furious' were supposed to be beyond Congressional control and make a case for further restrictions on sale and mfg of those evil black rifles. Instead, they ened up supplying weapons to the Mexican Cartels to no good purpose.
    All those bets may well be off if BHO gets reelected, and/or if his cronies regain control of the House. We can't get lazy in November, folks. The Honorables have a limited attention span, and if we don't kick 'em where they sit from time to time, they think they can take advantage of our good nature, or lethargy.
    Moon
    laj246 likes this.

Junior Member TexasSolo is on a distinguished road

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    [h=1]Reminder of a period when the Government did not trust the American people[/h]That was last week if I recall correctly.

Junior Member luckybaer is on a distinguished road

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    If our forefathers couldn't have firearms, we'd still be under the Union Jack.

Creepy to think about the possibility that libs that favor gun control do so not for safety's sake. Rather, they seek to turn the population into a de-fanged bunch of herd animals to do with as they please.

Senior Member RDak is on a distinguished road

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    I have one like that but the day after the sunset of the AWB I took it to a gunsmith and had the barrel threaded for a flash hider.

Junior Member cornhuskid is on a distinguished road

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Well put! Some of us are old enough to remember how little the govt really does trust it's own people. Thumbhole stocks on an AK? Eeeks!

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Ads