Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By chaosrob

Thread: LE6920 made for New Jersey..

Junior Member Pudge20 is on a distinguished road

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

LE6920 made for New Jersey..

Guys I made my decision on my first AR CARBINE. I'm going with the LE6920. But living in the Garden State I have to do some things to it to make it legal. Pinned stock and Muzzle Brake. Just asking to see what you guys like and would recommend for each since I have to pin them both. Thanks in advance..

Senior Member MARKO65 is on a distinguished road

Member #
    Liked
    166 times
    I'm from Jersey but have been living in NC fir the last nine years..... Great choice on the 6920! Bummer though you have to pin the stock and muzzle brake, whats the mag capacity there now?

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MARKO65 View Post
    I'm from Jersey but have been living in NC fir the last nine years..... Great choice on the 6920! Bummer though you have to pin the stock and muzzle brake, whats the mag capacity there now?

Senior Member chaosrob is on a distinguished road

Member #
    Liked
    1434 times
    I would just slap an A1 or A2 Stock on it. There is not benefit in a collapsable stock design if it doesn't collapse, imho
    deepstare likes this.

Senior Member AR15_1911 is on a distinguished road

Member #
    Liked
    81 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Pudge20 View Post
    Guys I made my decision on my first AR CARBINE. I'm going with the LE6920. But living in the Garden State I have to do some things to it to make it legal. Pinned stock and Muzzle Brake. Just asking to see what you guys like and would recommend for each since I have to pin them both. Thanks in advance..
    I live in a free state of Nevada so I have just the standard A2 flash suppressor and the stocks that I usually use on my two 6920 carbines are the factory military issue M4 waffle type stock, Magpul CTR or Magpul STR, these stocks are nice and light and the STR have a large cheekrest (with two storage tubes under it) also both noted Magpul stocks have quick detachable sling swivel mounts.

Let's say I if I ever live in a ban state and have to permanently pin a muzzle brake I would either get a Griffin Armament M4SDII, or a Spike's Tactical Dynacomp, they're both similar to the BattleComp but at lower prices, the BattleComp's price is too high for me.

Don't forget you might also have to remove your bayonet lug from the bottom of the front sight.

Another alternative of doing what you want is to find a Colt model Match Target MT6400 which already ban compliant with the stock already fixed from the factory, bayonet lug removed, but you only need to install a permanent muzzle brake.

The model MT6400 is the same as the LE6920 except the noted ban compliant features that I mentioned, except the lower receiver is marked as "Match Target M4 Carbine", while the current model LE6920 are marked "M4 Carbine CAL. 5.56MM".
    NRA Life Member
    Colt AR-15 Sporter SP1 rifle owner since 1971
    Colt AR-15A2 Sporter II carbine owner since 1985
    Colt 1911 Government Model Series 80 .45 pistol owner since 1984

Senior Member chaosrob is on a distinguished road

Member #
    Liked
    1434 times
    Listen to this guy, he knows his crap about the Colt Ar-15 Platform
    Quote Originally Posted by AR15_1911 View Post
    I live in a free state of Nevada so I have just the standard A2 flash suppressor and the stocks that I usually use on my two 6920 carbines are the factory military issue M4 waffle type stock, Magpul CTR or Magpul STR, these stocks are nice and light and the STR have a large cheekrest (with two storage tubes under it) also both noted Magpul stocks have quick detachable sling swivel mounts.

Let's say I if I ever live in a ban state and have to permanently pin a muzzle brake I would either get a Griffin Armament M4SDII, or a Spike's Tactical Dynacomp, they're both similar to the BattleComp but at lower prices, the BattleComp's price is too high for me.

Don't forget you might also have to remove your bayonet lug from the bottom of the front sight.

Another alternative of doing what you want is to find a Colt model Match Target MT6400 which already ban compliant with the stock already fixed from the factory, bayonet lug removed, but you only need to install a permanent muzzle brake.

The model MT6400 is the same as the LE6920 except the noted ban compliant features that I mentioned, except the lower receiver is marked as "Match Target M4 Carbine", while the current model LE6920 are marked "M4 Carbine CAL. 5.56MM".

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I live in a free state of Nevada so I have just the standard A2 flash suppressor and the stocks that I usually use on my two 6920 carbines are the factory military issue M4 waffle type stock, Magpul CTR or Magpul STR, these stocks are nice and light and the STR have a large cheekrest (with two storage tubes under it) also both noted Magpul stocks have quick detachable sling swivel mounts.Let's say I if I ever live in a ban state and have to permanently pin a muzzle brake I would either get a Griffin Armament M4SDII, or a Spike's Tactical Dynacomp, they're both similar to the BattleComp but at lower prices, the BattleComp's price is too high for me.Don't forget you might also have to remove your bayonet lug from the bottom of the front sight.Another alternative of doing what you want is to find a Colt model Match Target MT6400 which already ban compliant with the stock already fixed from the factory, bayonet lug removed, but you only need to install a permanent muzzle brake.The model MT6400 is the same as the LE6920 except the noted ban compliant features that I mentioned, except the lower receiver is marked as "Match Target M4 Carbine", while the current model LE6920 are marked "M4 Carbine CAL. 5.56MM".
    Thanks for all the info. I will def look into that.

Junior Member deepstare is on a distinguished road

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by chaosrob View Post
    I would just slap an A1 or A2 Stock on it. There is not benefit in a collapsable stock design if it doesn't collapse, imho
    so true!

Senior Member AR15_1911 is on a distinguished road

Member #
    Liked
    81 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Pudge20 View Post
    Thanks for all the info. I will def look into that.
    The Colt Match Target model MT6400 are kind of rare these days because the factory produce tons of LE6920 versions.

If you can only get the LE6920 maybe have your gun dealer exchange the collapsible stock with the new just released Magpul MOE fixed carbine stock (mil-spec size model) link below, no gunsmithing pinning the stock required, just a drop-in easy installation by the dealer.

Or if you prefer a more modern fixed looking buttstock look at the also new Magpul MOE rifle stock, with this you need a gunsmith replace your carbine lower receiver extension (buffer tube) with a rifle length buffer tube, install rifle length spring and rifle buffer which will work perfectly fine with a carbine upper.

Back during the assault weapons ban decade I had a factory Colt model R6530 Sporter Lightweight carbine with a fixed buttstock, which was very reliable.

FIXED & PRECISION ADJUSTABLE STOCKS ? AR15/M16 Type Rifles, FN FAL, HK G3 - MOEŽ Fixed Carbine Stock ? Mil-Spec Model

FIXED & PRECISION ADJUSTABLE STOCKS ? AR15/M16 Type Rifles, FN FAL, HK G3 - MOEŽ Rifle Stock
    NRA Life Member
    Colt AR-15 Sporter SP1 rifle owner since 1971
    Colt AR-15A2 Sporter II carbine owner since 1985
    Colt 1911 Government Model Series 80 .45 pistol owner since 1984

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    The Colt Match Target model MT6400 are kind of rare these days because the factory produce tons of LE6920 versions.If you can only get the LE6920 maybe have your gun dealer exchange the collapsible stock with the new just released Magpul MOE fixed carbine stock (mil-spec size model) link below, no gunsmithing pinning the stock required, just a drop-in easy installation by the dealer.Or if you prefer a more modern fixed looking buttstock look at the also new Magpul MOE rifle stock, with this you need a gunsmith replace your carbine lower receiver extension (buffer tube) with a rifle length buffer tube, install rifle length spring and rifle buffer which will work perfectly fine with a carbine upper.Back during the assault weapons ban decade I had a factory Colt model R6530 Sporter Lightweight carbine with a fixed buttstock, which was very reliable. FIXED & PRECISION ADJUSTABLE STOCKS ? AR15/M16 Type Rifles, FN FAL, HK G3 - MOEŽ Fixed Carbine Stock ? Mil-Spec ModelFIXED & PRECISION ADJUSTABLE STOCKS ? AR15/M16 Type Rifles, FN FAL, HK G3 - MOEŽ Rifle Stock
    Again thanks a lot for all the info. I will look I to it all. I wanna try to make my first one a good one.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Ads