+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Coltsman

Member Buford57 is on a distinguished road

Member #
    Liked
    5 times

Coltsman

A local gun shop took in an sizeable estate recently, including a Coltsman Standard in .243 and a Deluxe in .300 Win Mag. The Deluxe at $1,000 is out of my budget right now (aside from the fact that I have no use for that caliber), but the .243 is a delightful little rifle that appears to have been used little and wears a Weaver KV scope along with its express sights. I don't have much use for a .243, either, but it sure feels like fun. At $400, I'm tempted. Does anyone here have experience with this Sako/Colt?

Supporting Member smkummer is on a distinguished road
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    179 times

Re: Coltsman

I don't have any experience with these but am trying to add one to my collection. The early guns have a round sako action or mauser action (Colt 57). The later guns have the later smaller action sako. One is for sale on gunbroker in .308 for $400. Is this the same action on the .243? This is the earlier action and is probably less desireable than the later. A early .300 mag. is for sale at a local gun shop for $550 and it has been there for years. Colt in 1999 sold 2500 Colt light rifles in 30-06, 270, 7mm mag., and 300 mag. and these may have soften the market for the earlier rifles. If it is the later action I would be interested in it if you are not. These are a rare find at shows but it appears the sako action is the selling point on the guns. You are not going to loose any money if its all original including the stock. Keep it a couple of years and shoot it, then when you tire of it take it to a big gun show and make a few dollars on it or trade for something else.

Ads