+ Reply to Thread
    Junior Member evsapi13 is on a distinguished road

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Colt Lawman Series

I have a Colt Lawman Series (Pat Garrett) and I was wondering the price. I know a picture is always 100 times more helpful but sorry, I don't have one. It doesn't have the original papers, but still has the box (black leather with Pat Garrett's name and face with a grave in the background). The gun itself is gold and nickel with pearl grips. Thanks for any info you can give me!!!

*** ColtForum MVP *** dfariswheel is a name known to all dfariswheel is a name known to all dfariswheel is a name known to all dfariswheel is a name known to all dfariswheel is a name known to all dfariswheel is a name known to all

Member #
    Liked
    1397 times

Re: Colt Lawman Series

Which Pat Garritt, the .45 Single Action Army or the .22LR Scout?

Of the Lawman series, the Pat Garrett seems to be the most valuable, and the one to appreciate the most in value.

The Garritt .45 was a 1968 500 gun issue at a issue price of $220.00.
    The .22 Scout version was a 1968 3000 gun issue at an issue price of $110.00.

For current pricing on these, check your local book store for a copy of "The Blue Book of Gun Values" by S.P. Fjestad.
    In the back of the Colt section is a complete list of the Colt commemoratives including the Lawman series and current values.
    Note that if ANYTHING is missing from the set, including papers, or if the gun has ANY wear, even handling marks, the value goes DOWN.

Junior Member evsapi13 is on a distinguished road

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

It's the .22 Scout. I know that the .45 would go for more, but I was just curious about the price on the .22. Also, I don't have the papers, but I do still have the leather case it came in, no wear on that, no wear on the gun itself, and I still have the keys that go to the lock on the front of the case.

*** ColtForum MVP *** dfariswheel is a name known to all dfariswheel is a name known to all dfariswheel is a name known to all dfariswheel is a name known to all dfariswheel is a name known to all dfariswheel is a name known to all

Member #
    Liked
    1397 times

Like all commemoratives, the actual value depends on how popular it is, and on whether the set is totally complete.

This means that the missing papers will "probably" reduce the price a little.
    These guns are bought by collectors, not shooters, and collectors want it ALL right down to small tags and plastic bags.

Senior Member Lawman67 is on a distinguished road

Member #
    Liked
    460 times

I have seen them for anywhere from 450 -800. the Lawman Series are pretty popular, and woul have been more popular if all nickel . The nicest IMHO were the all nickel Bat Masterson Lawmen. I have a pr, one with book , one without.Both were new with box. I have seen these for anywhere from 475 to almost $1000, which I believe is a little high. Unfired with box and no book , I would still think yours would go for at least $550 today.

Ads