Attached Images Attached Images
    snakeman99 and Altitude like this.
    Benefactor member NRA

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    241 times
    Seems to me that the records are a bit inconsistent when it comes to these. Mine makes no mention of tritium front sight. I have not pulled the grips off to see if it's stamped CCS or not. If the action was tuned, which I believe it was due to the amazing double action pull, it should be stamped. I'll look and post an update
    snakeman99 likes this.
    Benefactor member NRA

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    241 times
    Pictures under grips
    snakeman99 likes this.
    Benefactor member NRA

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1558 times
    A great variation! Congrats! Would love to own one of those.

Quote Originally Posted by skilled View Post
    That police positive looks just like my MkV..did they make one exactly like it but without the "V" over the colt???
    Pretty sure this is what is pictured for the Police Positive in the catalog. Also an RD serial number prefix, FWIW. What did you mean by "'V' over the colt"?

Colt-SL likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    - Not much there yet, but working on it...

Member #
    Liked
    142 times
    ???? Interesting as I am under the impression that Archives has no connection to guns shipping from the Custom Shop or guns sent in for repair/reblue, etc. So I am left with the impression that these guns were shipped (according to those Lettered) right from Colt inventory. Would CCS have normally stamped them if they were involved? So were they special regular production runs or guns taken from inventory sent to CCS for modifications and returned to Colt inventory or shipment?? Those lettered show, one gun going to Ellett Brothers in Feb 96, one going to Kiesler Police Sup in Nov 94 and I have one lettered going to Fox Wholesale in Jan 94. All three showing shipments of 5 guns, the other 4?? Fjestad shows these guns as a deviant of the Fourth Gen DS. Maybe Paul at Archives can shed some light on this model as I would believe the work order would have the details of how these guns were made. Were they a special regular production or guns in process or manufactured and sent to CCS and returned to Colt for shipment?

Colt Archivist
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1931 times
    As noted in the cataloged specifications, these were Custom Shop guns. Custom Shop guns do not always have an associated factory order number or Custom Shop order number associated with them.

On a side note, AndyG3030's letter missed some of the specifications. I wish we were perfect :-). MGJ's letter is the 100% correct one. We'll get a corrected one on the way to you sir.

*EDIT* Also, while a Custom Shop gun, there are no production figures available as they were not a 'limited' or 'special' edition where we would know right from the start we were only making 100, 200, 500, etc.
    Last edited by pds03003; 02-16-2017 at 08:18 AM.
    MGJ, snakeman99 and ei8ht like this.
    Colt Archivist /
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    / 800-962-2658 ext. 1849. If requesting information about archive services or to place an order, please contact me at the phone number or email address above, or visit our website at
    . This ensures a timely response for any requests for service, as I am not on the forum every day. Thanks!

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    468 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pds03003 View Post
    As noted in the cataloged specifications, these were Custom Shop guns. Custom Shop guns do not always have an associated factory order number or Custom Shop order number associated with them.

On a side note, AndyG3030's letter missed some of the specifications. I wish we were perfect :-). MGJ's letter is the 100% correct one. We'll get a corrected one on the way to you sir.

*EDIT* Also, while a Custom Shop gun, there are no production figures available as they were not a 'limited' or 'special' edition where we would know right from the start we were only making 100, 200, 500, etc.

Paulie thanks for shedding light.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    3035 times
    My gun is still waiting to be picked up by my dealer as he wasn't home when they attempted the delivery. I spoke with the former owner today, and the gun I bought does indeed letter to Lew Horton. As per Earl, 33 were shipped through LH and this example was in a shipment of 12 guns. The plot thickens. I'll post pics asap...
    Last edited by snakeman99; 02-16-2017 at 12:20 PM.
    MGJ likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1952 times
    Quote Originally Posted by OctopusHighball View Post
    A great variation! Congrats! Would love to own one of those.

Pretty sure this is what is pictured for the Police Positive in the catalog. Also an RD serial number prefix, FWIW. What did you mean by "'V' over the colt"?

Yep, sorry I had a brain fart. I was thinking of the Trooper they have the "V" under the pony. The PP dont have it.
    OctopusHighball likes this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links