Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Hard Chromed Detective Special with Bobbed Hammer and Night Sight

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2181 times
    FINALLY got the gun home. Yes, mine was shipped through Lew Horton as per the Archive letter. Kind of strange that the letter makes no mention of a "custom tuned action" or "Tritium Front Sight". Thanks to Paul at Archives, I'll have a new letter with all the features on it's way.

IMG_4366.JPGIMG_4367.JPGIMG_4368.JPG
    Last edited by snakeman99; 02-18-2017 at 07:56 AM.

Colt Archivist
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1679 times
    Quote Originally Posted by snakeman99 View Post
    FINALLY got the gun home. Yes, mine was shipped through Lew Horton as per the Archive letter. Kind of strange that the letter makes no mention of a "custom tuned action" or "Tritium Front Sight".
    Email me your address (mine is in my signature line, but you may already have it) and I'll get a correction sent, no charge. What happened here is that the invoicing / shipping data only shows the bobbed hammer, so I think a few of these may have gotten out without the additional, cataloged items on it.

Also, if anyone else has a letter for one of these that does not contain the additional items, please let me know.
    Colt Archivist /
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    / 800-962-2658 ext. 1849. If requesting information about archive services or to place an order, please contact me at the phone number or email address above, or visit our website at
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    . This ensures a timely response for any requests for service, as I am not on the forum every day. Thanks!

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2181 times
    Thank you...

Quote Originally Posted by pds03003 View Post
    email me your address (mine is in my signature line, but you may already have it) and i'll get a correction sent, no charge. What happened here is that the invoicing / shipping data only shows the bobbed hammer, so i think a few of these may have gotten out without the additional, cataloged items on it.

Also, if anyone else has a letter for one of these that does not contain the additional items, please let me know.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2181 times
    Does anyone else have one of these that letters as being shipped to Lew Horton?

Member #
    Liked
    136 times
    When I spoke to Paul earlier this week he said the number at the bottom of the letter indicated the number of those exact guns as lettered are noted. So 12 of that model went to Lee Horton, mine was a shipment of 5, etc. I was under the impression the number represented the total of assorted guns shipped?

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2181 times
    The number at the bottom of the Archive Letter indicates the number of identical guns in that particular shipment and not the grand total (as far as I know). I spoke with our good buddy "MR. Lumberjack" and he believes the total number of these shipped by LH was 33. I've got an email into Earl and requested a search of their records. I hope he can supply a number that went through their hands.

Quote Originally Posted by andy3921 View Post
    When I spoke to Paul earlier this week he said the number at the bottom of the letter indicated the number of those exact guns as lettered are noted. So 12 of that model went to Lee Horton, mine was a shipment of 5, etc. I was under the impression the number represented the total of assorted guns shipped?
    MGJ likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    When these came out I remember thinking that having the innards hard chromed would keep them from wearing. The ultimate DS!

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    316 times
    IMG_1641.JPG For what it's worth here's a pic of my label. It's differing from the 2 already shown. I believe this is a Custom Shop label for the time period but I could be wrong.
    snakeman99 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1369 times
    Mine looks like Russ's label. It says "Double Action Revolver"

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2181 times
    Here's another twist. It's not the same model, but another Hard Chrome Detective Special offered through the Colt Custom Shop. The gun was offered to me by another member back in August of 2015. I passed at the time. NOT one of my brighter decisions...

0Z17MF7lRHEyyZ5tsaBPQg_rTrlmaQEXpLK2cbKMmL4,fKN2F_pJvjumW0I1DYD1DDwMP4DZmnF4EneDNGgXCbI.jpeg_IN8vTr6YLyj_GXicwv9US8vel-Ib9zFGU8C3LHRt6c,ZNKxuslY6NU-1VcBMi_feAWUxfrJGTnLtjFQ23szN6c.jpeg98meO_rsVxj8uzb_5sFLBViiO5WzPxQxQK21vUpbkT0.jpeg
    Last edited by snakeman99; 02-20-2017 at 09:53 PM.
    MGJ and pds03003 like this.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links