Colt Forum banner

Lefty Sanderson Target Stocks for the Colt New Service

680 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  thecoltguy 
#1 ·
Just thought I would share these for the vintage stock lovers among us... some left handed Sanderson target stocks for the square butt Colt New Service. Nice grips with a slight palm swell, they show as unused.

Enjoy!

See less See more
#2 ·
I just checked to see if I had these in my Sanderson database and I did. Don't know if these are the same ones or another set done to the same style with the same number. Both are left hand stocks. There are several duplicate numbers in my list, but most are for different guns. Thanks for posting these pictures!

#6 · (Edited)
I have collected the Sanderson stocks for years and along with the Ropers were the best made in there day. Lew Sanderson used to live a few miles from me and his grand daughter still lives in the same town. I reached out to her last year to obtain information on the numbering system and her brother, who used to help make the stocks, said that they were for matching them to the orders and had nothing to do with what type of gun they were for. Here is a pair for the New Service:

Here is another Shooting Master with Sanderson's:

And a New Service Target:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.