+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member Ball is on a distinguished road

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Colt trooper mark V with E. nickel

How common is the e.nickel on the Trooper Mark V.
    Seen a lot of blued and some with bright nickel, this one in question also has a blued trigger nad hammer is that correct?
    Thanks
    python,det.spec,cobra,SV-FI,kcobra,PP,Gcups,delta elite,commanders,officer's,Comp.Target h-bar II

*** ColtForum MVP *** dfariswheel is a name known to all dfariswheel is a name known to all dfariswheel is a name known to all dfariswheel is a name known to all dfariswheel is a name known to all dfariswheel is a name known to all

Member #
    Liked
    1399 times
    Electroless nickel, also called "Coltguard" in the Trooper Mark V is not common, but not particularly rare either.

The Mark V was only produced for a couple of years before it was replaced by the King Cobra, which was nothing more than the Mark V made in stainless with a different barrel, then in blued.
    This would make the EN finish guns a lower production Colt, but they don't seem to be bringing prices much higher then the blued or bright nickel models.

Senior Member mafd2 is on a distinguished road

Member #
    Liked
    312 times
    All the MK V's in Coltguard I've seen had Coltguard trigger and hammer. These were the early versions with the first edition V target grips as shown in these pictures. I have an early MK V nickel with nickel trigger and hammer and a later bright nickel with a parkerized blued trigger and hammer. The Coltguard version didn't run as long as the blue and bright nickel MK V's and is possible that Colt used the parkerized blued trigger and hammer on the last of the Coltguard MK V's. Here are a few threads on the Trooper MK V with pictures. Hope this helps.

Time For A Show Us Your Troopers Thread

I just purchased a Trooper MK V, 6" in the

I picked up my new Colt Trooper MK V today.

Member Tackelbarry is on a distinguished road

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I always say, if you like it, buy it. Here is a picture of mine. It may not be as fancy or sought after as other Colts, but you can always find plenty of Pythons on the auction sites. These, in my opinion, while not worth as much are definately more rare. Good luck.
    Last edited by Tackelbarry; 08-30-2010 at 03:22 PM.
    Scott Jens
    C.H.P.D. (ret.)
    Check Six Training LLC

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    / owner
    Fantom Tactical LLC / partner

Senior Member mafd2 is on a distinguished road

Member #
    Liked
    312 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackelbarry View Post
    I always say, if you like it, buy it. Here is a picture of mine. It may not be as fancy or sought after as other Colts, but you can always find plenty of Pythons on the auction sites. These, in my opinion, while not worth as much are definately more rare. Good luck.
    Fancy, sought after or not.. that's a very nice Trooper.

Senior Member 22_Matt is on a distinguished road

Member #
    Liked
    493 times
    I like Mark V Troopers alot and look at every one that comes up for sale on the usual sites.
    I haven't seen any with Coltguard finish and a hammer and trigger in black. I have seen several in Brite Nickel with a hammer and trigger in black. It seems that the most common barrel lenth that I've seen in Coltguard is the 8". The only one I've never seen is a 4" in Coltguard, and it's the only one I need to complete my collection of Trooper Mark V's.
    The West wasn't won with a registered gun.

Senior Member Ball is on a distinguished road

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Mark V

Thank you for the info, i agree i had not seen a EN 4 inch before always the 8 or sometimes the 6.
    I have the bright nickel and just love the action on it, did not want to put wear and tear by using it in a holster, so when i bought the EN 4 inch it was to be a safe queen replacement, as it was listed as being nickel no pictures, 97 percent condition from a seller i have purchased many from and they are always as described if not better, so i was surprised when i got it and it was EN not Bright Nickel. The action is nowhere as smooth and light as the BN, i bought a good quality holster and hoping with careful use i can enjoy it in some IDPA fun.
    python,det.spec,cobra,SV-FI,kcobra,PP,Gcups,delta elite,commanders,officer's,Comp.Target h-bar II

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Ads