+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Junior Member mbyoh is on a distinguished road

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Colt New Frontier in 44 special

I've had my Colt New Frontier, 44 special, 7 1/2" barrel, NIB bought in 1981, posted on several forum classifieds for sale. I've lowered my price to $1,300.00 which from all the research I've done seems to be a really decent price. So far, no bites. The two 2nd generation Colts I posted in the past sold almost immediately.

My question is why is there a lack of interest in this gun? Generation? caliber? Barrel length? 44 special seems to have a cult following, and the flattop long barrel setup would make a very accurate pistol. I own another 3rd generation 45 of excellent quality that is an everyday shooter, though I know 1st and 2nd generations usually bring a higher price. Any suggestions on how to spark interest in this gun? I love drillings and have an opportunity to buy another one if I can fund it with this sale.

Mike

Supporting Member Colt75 is on a distinguished road
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    336 times
    The price is too high in my opinion. Plus money is tight and the holidays are coming on. Try listing it in this forum's Classified Section at a better price and see if it moves. There are some serious .44 Special folks that are members here. Good luck.

Junior Member mbyoh is on a distinguished road

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

price?

Colt 75,

Could you suggest what you think would be a reasonable price? I used the Blue Book and checked prices at GunsAmerica and other forums. Didn't see this in a 44, but others in 45lc that were asking in the $1300 range.

thanks,
    Mike

Supporting Member Colt75 is on a distinguished road
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    336 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mbyoh View Post
    Colt 75,

Could you suggest what you think would be a reasonable price? I used the Blue Book and checked prices at GunsAmerica and other forums. Didn't see this in a 44, but others in 45lc that were asking in the $1300 range.

thanks,
    Mike
    Were they selling at the asking price? I would just guessimate around $1100 but I haven't been following NF prices real close. It is a great gun in a great caliber. Maybe wait until after the holidays and try to sell it.

Senior Member SniperX is on a distinguished road

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    I'd post it at about $1100.00. I think after the holidays you might have someone interested who got a good gift of money or the OK from the wifee to spend some good money on something he wants.

Senior Member Wyatt Burp is on a distinguished road

Member #
    Liked
    2015 times
    Generally speaking, people who've always wanted a Colt go for the traditional SAA. And now Colt SAA's can be found for around a grand and under. My 4 3/4" nickel .45 from 2000 was only fired a couple times then I got it. And it seems to have a tuned action. It was $1000 with box, papers, etc. This might just be anecdotal but a beautiful New Fronteir in the scarcer .357 sat for a couple months in a gunshop out here at $950 before someone scooped it up.
    I would only buy a N.F. in .44 Special but prices are dropping for everything and I think $1000 price tag on your gun will still take a while to sell.

Senior Member bogusbill is on a distinguished road

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I think had yours been in 4.75" or 5.5" it would have went. It does seem to me it has to cost the company slightly more to build than the standard saa, yet on the resale market they lag. People all want the cowboy looking gun. If I was rich I would make you a offer, but I aint. Actualy, I would like it if it was a short barrel myself. I already have two .44 specials in the standard saa`s. I once owned a new frontier in .45 colt in 5.5" that audie murphy bought new! Untill my ex wife relieved me of it when she ran off!

ace
    Senior Member ace is on a distinguished road

Member #
    Liked
    288 times

Cool

if you really want to sell it, i think around a grand is a more realistic price.

Junior Member Ron A is on a distinguished road

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Just purchased a 45

Just purchased a 45 NF which had been listed and relisted 3 times on Gunbroker for $1,100.00 - paid $900.00 - was unfired and in the cardboard box.

Senior Member peacemaker is on a distinguished road

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron A View Post
    Just purchased a 45 NF which had been listed and relisted 3 times on Gunbroker for $1,100.00 - paid $900.00 - was unfired and in the cardboard box.
    What was the barrel length?

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Ads