+ Reply to Thread
    Member dlbx2 is on a distinguished road

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Colt King Cobra - Blue 4" Value

I have my eye on a very nice Colt King Cobra in blue with a 4 inch barrel. I have been collecting, buying & selling S&W vintage revolvers for years, but am not very educated in the ins and outs of what Colt has done over the years. One thing is very perplexing though, I have been told for years that the Python is the cream of the crop. That being said, why are there 169 of them for sale on gunbroker, and so few of the others? Are people just wanting to get rid of them, or is it the arm and a leg that they are bringing. I have a 2.5 or 3 inch Python that was inherited when my brother died. I am not sure of the barrel length, as it is in a closet at my parents house. It has a Colt factory re-blue and looks great. Any way, about the King Cobra, what would be a fair price for mint condition, and were there many made? Also, I have a Trooper MK III, and the Cobra looks like the Trooper with a full lenth lug. Is the frame larger?
    Thanks
    Last edited by dlbx2; 03-13-2011 at 01:00 PM.

Senior Member mafd2 is on a distinguished road

Member #
    Liked
    312 times
    I think the Python claims it's reign with revolvers and hold their own as far as premimums go. There are some way overpriced Pythons that have been lurking on GB, AA, and GA for months. The King Cobra and MKIII are the same in size but are different frames. The MKIII is a "J" frame and the KC is a "V" frame. "V" frames were successors to "J' frames and were supposed to be an improvement with shorter hammer fall and lock time, longer mainspring for a smoother DA pull, and a smaller grip frame. I'd say $900ish + on a nice 4" blued depending on condition, box etc.

Member dlbx2 is on a distinguished road

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Than You!

Thanks for the info!
    DLB

Senior Member ColtSnakes is on a distinguished road

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    I let a mint one-owner 6" blue KC, minus the box, but with the manual, pass me by for $700....You see very few of them. However, the finish isn't as good as one on a Python. The gun wasn't worth that much to me.

Junior Member SeigoK9 is on a distinguished road

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have a mint one 4 in. Nickel proof fired one blank, with Rosewood Excaliber finger griips red ramp sight, target hammer , trigger. $1,850.00 No box or manual

Senior Member mafd2 is on a distinguished road

Member #
    Liked
    312 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SeigoK9 View Post
    I have a mint one 4 in. Nickel proof fired one blank, with Rosewood Excaliber finger griips red ramp sight, target hammer , trigger. $1,850.00 No box or manual
    Have a nickel King Cobra? There were no production nickel King Cobras.

Supporting Member big_gus is on a distinguished road
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    222 times
    I would value a blued say 99% 4 inch KC around 850-950 with no box. With The ORIGINAL Box (which must have matching label #ed to gun) same gun would probably bring 1100-1250. Yes they did make A BUNCH more pythons than King Cobras, but the Python is the cream of the crop as far as modern production revolvers go. jmho. The blued KC's are much scarcer than the stainless, but not rare by no means.
    Last edited by big_gus; 11-02-2012 at 01:16 PM.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit such crimes... such laws make things worse for the assualted and better for the assailants: they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man" Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    NRA Endowment Life Member

Junior Member cornhuskid is on a distinguished road

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    One just sold here in Western WA for $1200.00, if that helps.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Ads