Well, I goofed - it's a .32 Long Colt, not .32 NP/S&W Long.
I've also oiled it and cleaned it a bit, and cycled the action, and noticed a few things:
1. .32 S&W Long won't load (doh, it's a Long Colt, I believe. The barrel is rough but I'm going to do a rubbing and see what it comes up with).
2. The cylinder will spin freely to the left, but the lock/mechanism holds it firmly, will not rotate to the right.
3. After reading the forum on Colt lockwork, I cocked the hammer into single action, pulled the trigger, and eased down the hammer, while holding the trigger back. Cylinder is moved hard against the barrel, and seems to be perfectly aligned every time.
4. DA/SA action has smoothed up since I oiled it and worked it in a bit. I need to take off the side plate and see if there's anything in there to clean off. I need to see which side comes off, etc., before fooling w/ that.
5. New grips, extractor head/screw end, and a new finish, and I think I've got a shooter on my hands!
C'mon, anyone have an opinion on what I should do? Can you tell from looking at it if it was blued or nickled?
Chip in GA