Colt Forum banner

COLT 357 Model: Holster?

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  .455Eley 
#1 ·
I am the proud new owner of a 1960 serial # : Model 357 with 4" bbl., blued, service grips & hammer. Although the action was worked on just a bit; this is the smoothest DA revolver I have ever owned and I can't wait to shoot it. I'm hoping someone can offer some holster suggestions commercially available today or, perhaps on the e-bay scene. I've seen a few older Bianchi's that look like they may work but, that front sight is a whopper. Any recommendations to this new member are appreciated and my sincere thanks for sharing your knowledge.

#4 ·
Shoudnt be any problem at all to find a holster. Ones labeled as fitting the colt python, trooper or offical police will work as well will they for ones made for the s&w model 10, 19, 66, 586 and ruger security sixs etc. Where I worked we had speed sixs, 586s and colt offical polices. I never knew what gun the guard I would be relieveing had and the holsters I carred would fit them all. A "federal man" with the thumb break was my favorite on the wide uniform belt, but pancakes are nice too. Your best bet will be going to a gun show or big sporting goods and look for one labeled for a colt python. I would want a LINED leather, not a nylon.

#7 ·
Colt .357 model:holster?

You could look for a Colt holster for your Colt-they come up on EBay now & then. One sold recently for around $50-60.
The size numbers that fit a 4" .357 include 34, 7, 41 & the H series holsters numbers H1041 through H1064.
Here's a photo of an early Colt shoulder holster made for the .357-size number C16.
Regards,
turnerriver

#9 ·
One of my favorite holsters is this one from Pacific Canvas and Leather. It is just like the M3 holster for the 1911 but is called a 'Victory Pilot's Holster'. It fits any medium frame 4" revolver, except ones with an underlug like a Python or 586.
Trigger Tool

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.