Colt Forum banner

Colt special lady

4K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  Masterdebater 
#1 ·
hi all im new to the forum (although a lurker) and had a question for all the colt gurus, i have come across a colt special lady to help a buddy who bought it for his ex wife in 1998 and never shot it. so it is a safe queen that has been shot a handful of rounds. ive searched and searched for a value on this gun and have found multiple sales of them on gunbroker for 2200-3200. my intentions were to carry the gun but this seems to be a collectors gun, so i believe it is worth more to someone other than me as i shoot guns not collect them. anywho anyone have some light to shed on this subject? value, number made, rarity, etc? thanks

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum. The current or at least recent or last known market value is indeed best determined from completed auctions such as GunBroker. The number made is not known although it was made for such a short time that there certainly aren't a large number. They were, however, cataloged. There are a few previous threads that can be found with a forum search, but there really isn't much more information. :cool:

#5 ·
I also did a preliminary search of Gunbroker for Completed Items and found two Special Lady revolvers. One had a reserve and was re-listed numerous times. It had a Buy Now of $3200 but bids that only ran in the $2000 range. The only sold SL I saw sold for $3009 on 6/10/12.

That falls right into the range you quote.

#6 ·
i should have come to yall sooner! ive got it listed on another forum for 2500 (believe me im in no way trying to make this a rule-breaking for sale ad here being that i dont have 15 posts) so that should be a reasonable price to start at? maybe i should try gunbroker...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.