+ Reply to Thread
    Junior Member FALove is on a distinguished road

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

New guy and need help please

Hello, I was referred here by a gentleman who goes by GUNKWAZY. A few years ago my grandfather passed away and left me a large gun collection. I'm slowly starting to get everything a little at a time. Before he left, he made up a folder with the make, model, serial # and a small description of he gun. What type of grips, finish, value, etc. I recently came across a Colt single action Bisley chambered in 38 W.C.F. and it said that the J in July was miss stamped, it looks like a U. I'm curious to know if this is common or rare. I know that I need to post pictures but I'm posting this through my phone and not sure if it will work. If not I would have to do it at a later time. Any information would be much appreciated. I heard everyone on here is extremely nice and willing to help. Thank you for reading.

Serial # is 2865xx
    Last edited by FALove; 01-22-2013 at 08:49 PM.

Junior Member FALove is on a distinguished road

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

colt bisley

Figured out how to post pics
    Attached Images

Supporting Member d.a.r.y.l is on a distinguished road
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    396 times
    Welcome to the forum.That's a fine Bisley.I don't know much about them or their value but I wouldn't think that the misspelling of July would add to or take away from the overall value of the gun.What other gems were left to your care?If you are considering selling them I would suggest that you list them in our classified section.D*
    Daryl
    If you keep doing what you always did you will always get what you always got

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Ads