4in Anaconda vs 6in King Cobra- for fun and investment

Member #
    Liked
    21 times

4in Anaconda vs 6in King Cobra- for fun and investment

Just wondering what the general consensus was between a 4in anaconda and 6in king cobra. I generally buy (higher) grade shooters so I can still enjoy them time to time. I also like to have the guns increase in value faster than inflation Although, I would likely never sell... unless i needed to fund another fun (gun) project/collection.
    Which gun would be a better purchase for long term?

Also- I am assuming i can purchase at fair market value. Say ~$1,250 for a King Cobra and $1,400 for anaconda. Please correct me if values are way off- i am not an expert ( i do play one on the internet though... haha)

Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    I found the value of 4" Anacondas to be between $1700 to 2200 maybe more. King cobras between 1000 and 1600. Get both lol
    Fascism is not defined by the number of its victims, but by the way it kills them. J.P. Sartre

It is not my duty to die for my country, but to help others die for theirs. Gen Patton

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    320 times
    Maybe you meant to say 4 inch KC versus 6 inch Anaconda. These would be the 2 most common variations. Overall they made more total KC's than Anacondas, but I say which one you like better 357 or 44. Overall I always like the KC much better than the Anaconda, I am a "357 man" though as far as centerfire revolver rounds. Of course the Python is King BY FAR of the snakes in my book.
    As far as investment goes of the ones you mentioned, the 4 inch Anacondas would be the better investment imo, but they are going to cost more too. The 45 Colt Big Snakes would be the best investments of the Anacondas imo. And of course we could get into the expensive scarce variations too but those you probably wouldn't want to shoot. Only one can give an educated guess which would be better investments though, no one knows for sure. There is always the possibility those will be made again, however the Python is more than likely gone for good.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit such crimes... such laws make things worse for the assualted and better for the assailants: they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man" Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    NRA Endowment Life Member

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Quote Originally Posted by big_gus View Post
    Maybe you meant to say 4 inch KC versus 6 inch Anaconda. These would be the 2 most common variations. Overall they made more total KC's than Anacondas, but I say which one you like better 357 or 44.....
    I like each caliber equally as well. I did not know anacondas were less populated than KC's, so thats good to know. I was specific in saying 4in anaconda 6in KC- i have other 6in anaconda and 4in python- so wanted to switch it up a little.
    I would love to get both! want to try and strike a balance between awesome, classic revolvers (mostly colts) and current, high quality semi auto (Les baer 1911 TRS , XDm, glock, etc). I cant have all revolvers! I need some hi-cap guns so i can feel special. haha.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    320 times
    Quote Originally Posted by H2so4 View Post
    I like each caliber equally as well. I did not know anacondas were less populated than KC's, so thats good to know. I was specific in saying 4in anaconda 6in KC- i have other 6in anaconda and 4in python- so wanted to switch it up a little.
    I would love to get both! want to try and strike a balance between awesome, classic revolvers (mostly colts) and current, high quality semi auto (Les baer 1911 TRS , XDm, glock, etc). I cant have all revolvers! I need some hi-cap guns so i can feel special. haha.
    Yes of all the REGULAR Production cataloged Snakes (grouping all together, not breaking down into the "variations", and NOT counting the BOA), the Anaconda is second only to the Viper in fewest total production numbers. It is a far second though, there were MANY more "Big Snakes" made than Vipers. The Viper was also by far the most "unappealing" snake to me, I think most would agree too. I never have owned one, I have actually passed on good deals on them several times locally just because it did not suit me, that's just me though. I do understand why others buy them to "complete" the snake collection.
    The only reason I mentioned maybe you meant the opposite (probably could have worded that better, sorry) is because the 4 inch Anacondas are not that common, and will always be the better investment in most people's opinion compared to the other you mentioned which is regularly available. However you are going to pay a good bit more for a 4 inch 44 and even more for a 4 inch 45, if you desire it. If I liked both the 357 and 44 equally, I would recommend to buy the 4 inch 44 since they are much scarcer than the 4 and 6 inch KC's. Also just to note something you may like to know, I feel very confident to say Colt made more 6 inch Anaconda's than ALL OTHER Anaconda variations combined (the 4, 5, and 8 inchers). JMHO.
    Last edited by big_gus; 10-23-2013 at 09:00 PM. Reason: typo
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit such crimes... such laws make things worse for the assualted and better for the assailants: they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man" Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    NRA Endowment Life Member

Member #
    Liked
    169 times
    6 inch KC are fairly common, even here in the PRK.

4 inch Anaconda are much harder to find (and in 45 Colt they are very hard to find and very pricey).

Lots of Colts shoot 357 mag but only one shoots the 44 Mag.

I'd get the 44mag Anaconda

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links