WTB/Searching for Diamondback .22lr Blued 2 1/2 inch bbl only

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

WTB/Searching for Diamondback .22lr Blued 2 1/2 inch bbl only

Hello. I am in search of one or two loose 2 1/2 bbls for a pair of Diamondbacks I have. Need/s to be in very good to excellent shape. Prefer NOS. Find plenty of 4 and 6 inchers but have yet to come across any loose 2 1/2. Any help running some down would be great.
    Last edited by Iowa.gunman; 05-31-2014 at 08:01 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    68 times
    Why would you do this modification unless it is to sell them at the high prices 2.5" Diamondback 22's go for? That would not be honest. If you want one (or two) I suggest you buy them like the rest of us do. Lots of short barreled 22's around, but not Diamondbacks.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    What would not be honest about collecting one of each of the bbl lengths available for my DB's? They came with 4" bbls and I have a spare 4 inch and a couple additional 6 inchers and factory front sights. Would round out the collection with a couple of the shorties. I have already found that many have been offered here in the past. By coming into an actual Colt, and not just some random, forum I hoped to perhaps have a slightly less accusative reaction. I do not want 'other' guns.....I just want all the options for mine that I can get. No different than changing the sights or grips or even having some engraving done on your favorite firearm. I hope someone in here can steer me to my quest....if not.....thank all for reading.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    68 times
    Nothing wrong with collecting one of each of the 2.5", 4", and 6" barrel lengths. I have. I like to have them in the various finishes also.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    11798 times
    Iowa gunman, I have been selling some Colt parts for my gunsmith who is getting out of that business. He had some DB barrels at one time and has lost track of where he put them. One is a 4" 22 magnum factory original bbl. that I purchased from him some years ago. He managed to misplace that one before I could get to his shop and pick it up.
    If he finds the bbls., I will PM you if he has a 2-1/2" 22 cal DB.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    22-rim....Then why the first post like you think I'm doing something wrong????? Ok time to move on. Thanx for your time.
    Last edited by Iowa.gunman; 06-01-2014 at 04:23 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    StC...that would be great. I hope he finds yours and something for me. Again, any help is appreciated and welcome.

Member #
    Liked
    68 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Iowa.gunman View Post
    22-rim....Then why the first post like you think I'm doing something wrong????? Ok time to move on. Thanx for your time.
    Buying just the barrels for highly desireable models is a way to potentially modify an existing gun that has a lesser market value and resell it claiming it is factory. It is technically as it is a Colt barrel, but they would not letter. Collectors want Diamondbacks that will letter meaning they are currently fitted with the barrel length that is stated on the historical letter. Replacing a damaged barrel with the same barrel length is a totally different matter. If you are looking for shooters, well.... no problem. But few people shoot 2.5" Diamondback 22's.

The 2.5" DB 22's were only offered a short time and were a low production item. I suspect this is part of the reason you can't find any and the other are people who create 2.5" 22's from available barrels. The value of these particular guns are such that getting a correctly lettered gun is the only safe way to buy one any more.

Diamondbacks aren't like Dan Wessons that you could get several barrel lengths with the gun and then switch them out. They were made to switch out.

I bought the entire guns, not the barrels.
    Last edited by 22-rimfire; 06-01-2014 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Minor modifications

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 22-rimfire View Post
    Buying just the barrels for highly desireable models is a way to potentially modify an existing gun that has a lesser market value and resell it claiming it is factory. It is technically as it is a Colt barrel, but they would not letter. Collectors want Diamondbacks that will letter meaning they are currently fitted with the barrel length that is stated on the historical letter. Replacing a damaged barrel with the same barrel length is a totally different matter. If you are looking for shooters, well.... no problem. But few people shoot 2.5" Diamondback 22's.

The 2.5" DB 22's were only offered a short time and were a low production item. I suspect this is part of the reason you can't find any and the other are people who create 2.5" 22's from available barrels. The value of these particular guns are such that getting a correctly lettered gun is the only safe way to buy one any more.

Diamondbacks aren't like Dan Wessons that you could get several barrel lengths with the gun and then switch them out. They were made to switch out.

I bought the entire guns, not the barrels.
    22-rim....Have you said your piece now or are you just going to keep on?

If 'senior' member means you can harass and accuse 'junior' members of trying to rip people off maybe I have come to the wrong place. No matter what I say you are going to blather on with a bunch of writing that gets me no closer to finding what I am looking for.

I have switched out and shot all the spare bbls I have with both guns. Just have to know what you are doing. And the Dan Wesson lesson......had plenty of those as well. Don't need any schooling....just a couple short bbls.

Congrats on your being able to own 'guns' instead of just bbls. You sound proud...!

Now that I have, and you, have spent so much time on nothing I will ask that you cease. Do not know for sure but assume the site does not approve of cyber-bullying.

I just want a couple bbls and it is obvious that you do not have any or at least do not have any for sale. You have no reason to write at all and I would appreciate if you would just stop.

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    4609 times
    We have a Classified area for posting WTB ads .

Thank you .
    mitch

Condition Yellow

Please support Crimson Trace Grips , Mossberg and Beretta . They support our troops .

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links