Colt Forum banner

Pearls for shrouded detective special

564 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Flyfishit 
#1 ·
I recently picked up a very nice 1978 nickel detective special and I am not a fan of the factory colt wood stocks. Does anyone know if earlier ds stocks will fit or where I may get some pearls. If anyone has some pearls or knows where to get some for this style ds please advise. Thanks

#2 ·
I believe this the proper juncture to holla, Pics! Especially in light of buying a 78 Nickel DS. What's the odds, eh?

I wondered the same whilst awaiting shipment. I'm not sure if I'd prefer a different style or if I'd rather not add wear to the wood. I've yet to wrap me mitts around the stocks.

#4 ·
90 % is equipment & taking a lot of pics to choose from after you learn the basics. A nice aspect of digital is being able to take a dozen and quickly load them to the 'puter. Then you can tell what adjustments might enhance the shot. I'll play around w/shutter speed, but for the most part leave it at automatic. A macro setting, and a couple of screw on macro lenses makes a world of difference in close-up detail.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.