Colt Forum banner

This Forum is a Bad Influence!

3K views 29 replies 25 participants last post by  lovnik 
#1 ·
Since joining here 6 short months ago, this is what I've managed to add to my collection (sorry about the pic quality:():
Diamondback - 38 spl
KingCobra
Anaconda
Novak custom Lightweight Officer's ACP & a Mustang
Officer's Model .22 & Cobra with factory installed shroud and T-grip
3rd issue Detective Specials, the one on top looks unfired!
4 X 4" Pythons, the B STS is lettered!
Pristine 2 1/2", one of my favs!
My latest, a LNIB 6" I think I've caught the bug...bad!;)

See less See more
#6 ·
Disagree, we've simply released your inner Colt Hoarding (herding?) instincts! You've managed to put together in a few short weeks a collection/array of revolvers that took me years of trading to accomplish. And I only acquired (since the early 80s) a single semi-auto Colt. Nice work. Go get'cha some "long guns" now, pypes.

#12 ·
I have always like Colt firearms and had a few, but after buying an early Colt DA revolver and coming to this Forum on a regular basis, they guys her are all "Enablers" to assist me with my ow compulsive buying of Colts. The guys here are helping my spend my money, LOL!

Of course, I am glad they help, and I can call them Friends!!!!

#13 ·
I want to be your new best friend, forever. In six short months, you have managed to do one hell of a job, finding such great Colts. Can't wait for the next six months. My wife reads this forum with me, and her only comment was, "Forget about it ". Your have managed to get me in hot water, even before I was able to comment on your great collection, and how I would love to be in your shoes, I put my foot in my mouth even further by saying, if you have a wife, she is wife of the year. All kidding aside, congratulations on a great stable of pony's. Enjoy, and hope you plan on shooting these Colts and enjoying years of your new found hobby of collecting Colts.

#14 ·
It is not a disease.
It is a service to the culture.
This issue is disussed with great regularity.
Certain individuals, myself included, recognize a condition that is easily treated by aquisition of Colts from time to time, and by making other Colt available to other like minded folks who may be due for treatment.
It isn't a disease.
Really.
Some cases require intensive therapy, as evidences by the OP's pix, but it ain't a disease.
Stay with treatment and all will resolve for the better.
Really.
I would not mislead you on this.
I know of which I speak.
Really.

#15 ·
Nice, rapid buildup of fine Colts, Pypes, and a very smart invesment, too. Your LW Officer's ACP caught my eye, too. I'm a real sucker for them and yours looks really classy and a bit fancier than mine. Congratulations!

#17 ·
pypes, psst, I have a secret for you.

Smith & Wesson made some fantastic revolvers, back in the day, as did Colt. For every magnificent vintage Colt, there is a magnificent vintage Smith & Wesson, which, when new, competed directly with the Colt - and vice versa.

Check out an "s" prefix serial numbered, or earlier, S&W Model 27, 27-1 or 27-2.

If you think we are a bad influence, add S&W to your interests, and we can become doubly bad an influence.

While I WANT to shoot my Colts better than my S&Ws, I DO shoot the S&Ws better.

While I WANT to like my Colts better, I DO like my S&Ws just as much. (Well, I did, before all of my few guns were lost in that terrible boating accident. I sure hope the Eezox and Ren Wax is protecting the lost, submerged guns, in case they are ever located.)

Thanks for showing your beautiful Colt collection. I look forward to seeing your S&W revolver collection in 6 months, or so.

#23 ·
My addiction (oops mean collection) has grown, from Snakes, to SAA Frontier Scouts, to 1908s. Now I just need a Buntline with original walnut stocks. Might even want a Colt 22 (Cadet) for playing. If I get these two I am stopping.

Oh by the way I am into S&Ws as well.

#24 ·
Since joining here 6 short months ago, this is what I've managed to add to my collection ... I think I've caught the bug...bad!;)
Have you thought about making a clock?

Font T-shirt Auto part

#27 ·
I can remember it was late spring of the year 2000 when I first used a computer and perused gunbroker. The first search I did was '44-40' as i had always wanted a Colt SSA. through the past 14 years I did the same search. It was here on this forum that made me comfortable with dipping my toe in and getting turned on to the romance of such a unique firearm.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.