Colt Forum banner

Differences between Officers Match/ Officers Model

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  thecoltguy 
#1 ·
Please excuse the dumb question from the new guy. Thanks to recommendations from the group, I've purchased two Officers Models, both in 95%+, one in .22 and one in .38
Both are the older models with the adjustable front sight.

Their purpose is mainly informal targets.

Is there a difference between the Officers Model and the Match??

Second question. What frames are these? I'm asking because one has non-standard target grips which I would like to replace with stock ones.

Thanks

#2 ·
MZ, First of all there is no such thing as a dumb question. We all ask to inhance our knowledge and most collectors enjoy helping each other. It sounds like you may have the Officers Target models which indicates that your .38 was made between 1904-1949 and the .22 being made between 1930-1947. The grips had a few changes throughout this time period but if you will let us know the year or serial numbers we can get you directed to the right grips. I posted a photo of some OM Targets that you can look at to see if yours may look the same. To look at the photo go back a couple of pages in the Colt Revolver section to a title showing Officers Model 4 inch. The Officers Model target ended in 1949 and Colt introduced the Officers Model Special (1949-1952) and then brought out the Officers Model Match (1952-1970). Grips changed with both of these models. Hope this helps. Regards, Cam.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.