Colt Forum banner

Lord & Lady Derringer sets

6K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  JudgeColt 
#1 ·
Anyone have any thoughts on what a cased Lord & Lady derringer set should fetch in excellent condition? The price seems to vary wildly online, from $395 to upwards of $550. Many thanks.

#7 ·
This is close. The Lord & Lady set has two derringers in a similar cased presentation box. The Lord model looks much the same as the pictured one (and thanks for sending this along). The Lady model has ivory-style grips. I think they are from the early '70s, but that could be off by a few years either way. Colt also offered a pair of the men's-style derringers in a case that looked like a book, as I recall. They are quite nice. Any idea on a fair price?

#13 ·
I have a set of Colt Lord and a set of Colt Lady in original boxes for sale. Each set is consecutively numbered. I don't have pictures of them to post yet. They are in excellent condition, except that one box (the Lady) is a little weak in the hinge area since the box is not wooden. The Lord is in a wooden box and in great shape. Both boxes are lined in red velvet. I will be glad to answer any questions. These were left to me by my husband who was a gunsmith and collector.

#14 ·
All I get is a red "X" instead of a picture. Why?

I have a Lord and Lady set mint with shipping sleeve, etc.. The guns were actually made by Butler, which sold identical-appearing guns and sets, but with "BUTLER" on the barrel instead of "COLT."

Yes, some did shoot them. They are chambered in .22 Short, and I have shot the Butler guns a friend has.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.