Officers ACP- Stainless or BSTS?
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By benalpha
  • 1 Post By benalpha
  • 2 Post By 68python

Thread: Officers ACP- Stainless or BSTS?

Member #
    Liked
    38 times

Officers ACP- Stainless or BSTS?

Hi everyone, I started a thread the other day asking for advice on the officer acp model and options for open carry. Thanks for your input and opinions! Those who saw it may remember I was considering something in a bright stainless finish (if I could find it) or nickel. I ended up finding, bidding on, and winning an officers model, although I have not seen the gun in person yet. I can't get any info from the colt website on its age, although the rollmarks and box (which matches) are older. The number is SF23116 by the way.

Anyway, while I like the finish, I can see that it is not quite as reflective as the other bright stainless colts I have seen. In addition, the box is labelled simply as STS. Were there any polished stainless colts produced or do you think this would be an aftermarket polish job?
    Thanks!

Fortibus55 likes this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    613 times
    Appears to me being polished by someone, seeing this more and more lately on GB, and since you state the box states STS it suggests to me it was originally a stainless pistol. Also looks like the trigger has been changed to a long trigger and beaver tail grip safety installed and rear sight changed. Still a nice looking pistol if bought right for a CCW.
    Last edited by Pappy1600; 11-06-2015 at 12:57 PM.
    " No Man Is Entitled To The Blessings Of Freedom Unless He Be Vigilant In It's Preservation"
    -General Douglas MacArthur-

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Member #
    Liked
    73 times
    A buddy just found a bright stainless Officer's; on his the top of the slide is beadblast, and the lettering shows raised edges. I'm suspicious that the corners of your slide look like they've been rounded a wee bit too much. How is the lettering? Are there any raised edges, or is it flat?
    Still looks like a mighty neat gun, and my friend's gun has been both fun/pleasant to shoot, reliable and accurate. Hope the same for you. Mind me asking how much you paid?
    Moon

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    Thanks for the responses! I've been off the grid for the last couple days and hadnt been able to respond. I don't have the gun in hand yet but hopefully will tomorrow and will post a few more pics. I don't necessarily mind that the pistol wasn't factory polished, though I understand this might affect its value. Still, it won't be a safe queen so it will see use.

Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    Quote Originally Posted by halfmoonclip View Post
    A buddy just found a bright stainless Officer's; on his the top of the slide is beadblast, and the lettering shows raised edges. I'm suspicious that the corners of your slide look like they've been rounded a wee bit too much. How is the lettering? Are there any raised edges, or is it flat?
    Still looks like a mighty neat gun, and my friend's gun has been both fun/pleasant to shoot, reliable and accurate. Hope the same for you. Mind me asking how much you paid?
    Moon
    Hmm that sounds like it might be the enhanced model, as I know that one had the matte finish top with "sharper" edges. And I paid $1k even for this one.
    halfmoonclip likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    109 times
    I have seen a few companys,or shops,starting to pop up that offer a bright stainless polish finish to a pistol.They are trying to capitalize on the big demand for the original colt bsts finish on pythons and other colt guns that was only offred by colt.I dont even look at a bsts gun if the seller does not have box,or proof its factory.
    the only bright finish. on many different models for years was nickel.
    the bsts frenzy has folks trying to add more value to there gun.I just traded for a colt officers bsts gun,made in 86.new unfired out of a collection.the box has bsts on it.serial numbers match.that gun is legit.most of the bsts guns being listed today on the gun sites are aftrmarket polish work trying to get more cash for a gun.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    977 times
    This one is original BSTS.
    Last edited by 68python; 11-29-2015 at 06:58 PM.
    Fortibus55 and crazylunker like this.
    Colt snubbies rule.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links