Colt Forum banner

Government 45 from 1919 in Box

8K views 48 replies 32 participants last post by  Mikecp 
#1 · (Edited)
I recently picked this one up.

See less See more
#9 ·
Nice indeed but a range report would be better.Did all of the 1911's from that time period have the bottom of the grip panels arched?Does anyone know the reason for the arch.It just kinda looks wrong to me.D*

#25 ·
Colt GM Box Aug. 7 1919

Scott,
Here is a GM box only NO Gun that shipped Aug. 7 1919. It was shipped with Ivory grips.
The outer skin color is purple and very fragile
The serial number is listed in The GOVERNMENT MODELS Book by Goddard PG 269
I should have never sold it, but I still kept the photos to use for that early post WW1 time frame

#28 ·
If you compare the "GOVERNMENT MODEL." label on all the boxes shown, you will see a distinct difference in the label on the box of this 1919 than all the others.

The "G" is totally different. The "O" in GOVERNMENT is different. The legs on the "M" are vertical on the OP pistol box, where they are slightly angled on all the other boxes. I notice the labels inside the box are different, too. How about a good close-up of the bottom of the box and the serial number there? Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.