Colt Forum banner

WWI reproduction with a different serial #

2K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  dsk 
#1 ·
Just picked this up from a fellow CF member....THANKS....seems it has a different serial number than most 1002X....

Well I thought it was neat and we made a deal....here are a few pics....came with all the boxes too....RR

See less See more
#9 ·
The commercial term "Government Model" as seen on the label should not be used in conjunction with a reproduction military Model of 1911, should it? (Do the boxes for pistols with the "WMK" suffix in their serial number have the term "Government Model" on their end label?)

With the absence of the "No." prefix to the serial number, I wonder if this pistol is a parts cleanup? A letter is definitely needed.

#12 ·
I remember this coming up once before.. possibly on this forum or maybe another. I believe i remember it being a prototype designation but its been a while. Great score!

#14 ·
It is possible that you could send in your money for a letter and wait the 3-4 months only to find out that they have no information on this pistol. You would get a refund, but also would have waited a long time for nothing. I would call Colt and try to contact Paul at ext 1849 and ask first if they actually have anything on this unusual serial number. Good luck on your search.

#20 ·
Even something as basic as a new Colt 1911 variation usually needs to be put through the prototype stage. Look at all the oddball .45s in Meadows' books that showed how even a small design change often required a bunch of test samples to be made up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.