1941 Commercial Ace 22
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 1941 Commercial Ace 22

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

1941 Commercial Ace 22

Hello all I am new to the forum so please excuse me if I've incorrectly posted this. I am looking for an ejector for a 1941 commercial Ace 22. This part has proven to be quite difficult to hunt down so I'm seeking some more knowledgeable people on colts and the like for a source for the ejector any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again -Robert

Member #
    Liked
    5312 times
    What Sources have you tried, so we don't send you back tracking...

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Numerich, gunbroker ,armslist,eBay and a host of parts dealers around the Houston area.
    Also thanks for the quick reply!

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2833 times
    Welcome to the Forum! We are glad you are here.

Please do not take offense, but, based on years of experience here, some people confuse the Ace and Service Model Ace. To be sure that no one is confused as to which pistol you have, please verify which pistol you have.

That said, either ejector will be VERY hard to find. I seem to recall some prior discussion here about reproduction ejectors for the Service Model Ace, but I am not sure. There are a few rimfire Model O collectors here will be able to address the issue more effectively than I.

Member #
    Liked
    748 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaufman10777 View Post
    Hello all I am new to the forum so please excuse me if I've incorrectly posted this. I am looking for an ejector for a 1941 commercial Ace 22. This part has proven to be quite difficult to hunt down so I'm seeking some more knowledgeable people on colts and the like for a source for the ejector any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again -Robert
    Kaufman10777,

Welcome to the forum.

I presume you know what you have (a five digit Colt Ace) and know what you are looking for.

For those that do not, here are some pictures. If I am not mistaken, the longer ejector, would be correct for a 1941 pistol. However, most likely, either would work (function). (Do not know where you can find one.)

Best Regards,
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by stan3; 03-09-2016 at 04:54 AM.
    saintclair likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    You are correct it is a 5 digit Colt Ace with no prefix and the ejector in the picture is the exact one though I'm not sure as to what length is correct but like you said I assume both could be made to function. Thanks for the pictures they will really help me explain to others what I'm looking for!

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    11206 times
    You might try Blue Ridge Collectibles in Afton, VA. They sometimes have parts
    for such rare guns.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I'll be calling them this morning thank you!!

Member #
    Liked
    748 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaufman10777 View Post
    You are correct it is a 5 digit Colt Ace with no prefix and the ejector in the picture is the exact one though I'm not sure as to what length is correct but like you said I assume both could be made to function. Thanks for the pictures they will really help me explain to others what I'm looking for!
    Kaufman10777,

If you have time, show us pictures of your ACE!? A three digit ACE is almost as rare as a five digit ACE. Only about 835 in the 10XXX range. And, some of those were assembled in 1947.

Best Regards,
    Last edited by stan3; 03-12-2016 at 09:26 PM.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2971 times
    The name Jack First keeps coming up regarding parts that may have to be made from scratch. It would be worth asking, at the least. There are both perceived and real differences between a non-functioning collector piece (ask the British) and one that is fully functional - whether it is actually used or not.
    NRA Life member. 31 year LEO. Moderator
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Survivor of Peripheral T-Cell Lymphoma NOS, AngioImmunoblastic T-Cell Lymphoma and a haploidentical stem cell transplant. May you never have cancer, but if you do, remember the rules: 1. Don't panic 2. Don't give up. My condensed cancer journey
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    under "about me" and more detail
    "Trust me, I know what I'm doing!"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links