Colt Forum banner

Where's the B-B-Q ?

4K views 26 replies 18 participants last post by  Jimmy2Dogs 
#1 ·
Please hold the jokes unless you have a new one. :) They even jeweled the face of the barrel bushing? I've never owned a pistol quite like this, but it is growing on me. Lew Horton exclusive in 38 Super.

Attachments

See less See more
#10 ·
Jeweled was my first thought.

Reactions: ponyup and ei8ht
#8 ·
I thought the same on the trigger since they also jeweled the barrel hood. Took me a while, but I got the El Capitan, El Jeffe, El Presidente reference....the older Lew Horton series from some years ago.

Well Mr Bowles, that was a new one on me. I laughed again every time I thought of it this afternoon. I'll check for 'American Standard' on the backs when I measure them. Gaudy as they are, the stocks fit my hand better than any I've had on other 1911s. As much as I admire them, I can't bring myself to pay the freight on real ivory or mother of pearl.

Ifithitu, it could be yours. You have a nice SAA in 44-40? :)

#27 ·
With wide white sidewalls and a big set of horns for a hood ornament.

Actually, I kinda like the pistol. After all, variety is the spice of life.

#13 ·
Firearm Gun Trigger Revolver Gun barrel

Not engraved but with carved India Ivory panels. I'll wear this to a BBQ any day and twice on Sunday. Panels courtesy of Christie Mitchell and boy have they drawn attention to the BSTS Series 80 :) . When i hit the range I hardly have time to load a mag before someone comes over to ask about the pistol :) I think Bobkat needs to make a custom carved holster for her.

#18 ·
Not to mention a personality disorder or three. :)

Being serious, is it normal for the bright stainless models to not be polished on the inside of the trigger guard? I know it would be a hard area to get at and blend with the rest. Not really a concern, but I noticed this one is not.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.