Magazine for Service Model ACE
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Magazine for Service Model ACE

Member #
    Liked
    2280 times
    Two spare #2 slide stops, I'm envious!

I don't know what the German regulations are, but the USPS lists arms and ammo, gun parts etc. as prohibited to mail to Germany.
    Ken
    "I like Colts and will die that way"

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kenhwind View Post
    Two spare #2 slide stops, I'm envious!

I don't know what the German regulations are, but the USPS lists arms and ammo, gun parts etc. as prohibited to mail to Germany.

Even so I did not plan to offer or sell this parts: according to the German gun law are slide, frame and barrel gunparts. All other parts are not covered by this law, like stock screw, magazine sight, springs. And as this parts are no gunparts covered by this law everyone can buy and sell and send this parts using the national postal service like typical products sold from any hardware store.

For us here it seems quite difficult to send gun related stuff to the US because of the US laws. Or to order parts in the US, because of US laws again. Here I need an export permission to export the gun. But that is for handguns easy to obtain and cheap or even free of charge. And importing guns into Germany is easy and free of charge as well. Ok, besides import tax (3-6%) plus sales tax (19%) + costs for the proofhouse. But no expensive import/export-agents are needed.
    ponyup likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kenhwind View Post
    Being in Germany I'd try the GSG M1911-22 magazine.
    The SIG-Sauer 1911 are same as the GSG-stuff. Tried them: with open slide they do fit into the gun. And after the slide is closed - everything is fixed. No for nor back. The only chance is to open the bushing to take pressure away, to take out the mag again. The magazine itself makes a good impression (compared to 3K for example) but it did not work with me - ok, I have no gunsmith skills. Maybe s.o. more talented could make this mag work in the Service Model ACE.
    ponyup likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2280 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BSE1911 View Post
    The SIG-Sauer 1911 are same as the GSG-stuff. Tried them: with open slide they do fit into the gun. And after the slide is closed - everything is fixed. No for nor back. The only chance is to open the bushing to take pressure away, to take out the mag again. The magazine itself makes a good impression (compared to 3K for example) but it did not work with me - ok, I have no gunsmith skills. Maybe s.o. more talented could make this mag work in the Service Model ACE.
    Well I thought it might be an alternative for you. Most eBayers will not ship out of U.S.; I'm not one of them. I've sent reloading stuff to S. America and a bullet mold to Poland, and some gun parts here and there. Nothing serious or expensive. The State Dept. has a value limit of $100.00 on exporting gun parts.

I've read the GSG 1911-22 magazine works, and I had a GSG, that my Niece's husband now has, and I tried the GSG in my Service Model parts gun, and I agree the GSG magazine spring is not heavy enough for the ACE.
    Ken
    "I like Colts and will die that way"

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Due to kenhwinds input I took again a look at the SIG-Sauer 1911 .22 Magazine. To me the outside of the right feedlip seemed to be the culprit. So I polished it down a bit. Then I could move the slide for and back with the magazine inside. It worked with a loaded magazine as well. Just did some test shooting, feeding new rounds and expelling cases do not work reliable in the auto-cycle, yet.

Have to do some more work, but could be an easy one for a smith. The magazine itself (quality, price and availability) would be worth further trying.

SIG_Sauer 1911 .22 Mag i.jpgSIG_Sauer 1911 .22 Mag ii.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links