Colt Forum banner

Colt M45A1 1911 USMC CQBP pistols for sale on Gb

157K views 1K replies 116 participants last post by  72CZ 
#1 ·
Surprised to not see a thread here regarding these?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Item/630980740

A former Colt employee has confirmed elsewhere they are the real deal.
Supposedly they will also come with letter from Colt confirming it.
Seller has sold at least a couple hundred in a little more than a day.
Down to 27 in this lot.

Figured I'd share.

#3 · (Edited)
Hey man. How are you? Figured I'd pop in here for a look see and expected there to be quite the furor here over them.
Strangely absent? I'm interested to see the letters that come with them and the differences in each ones wear.

I've seen a couple hundred get sold today. Now down to 16. I wouldn't bet on there being more if I wanted one.

#6 ·
Thanks Ben :) I got mine, and a public "thanks" for the heads up!

If it wasn't for Brent's public posting on the other forum saying "not a scam", there would have been too many red flags. Price, feedback on seller, "too good to be true" factor, etc.

I bet the guy bought them in bulk and will be selling off a LOT of them. We'll see what develops. I see he sold 47 to one guy, and I am seeing a lot of sales for multiples (3,5 etc.)

#10 ·
Like i said elsewhere the seller probably had the inside word and bought the whole lot as it was most likely the only way it was offered. Seeing as how he's sold almost 500 in a day or so that's quite a bit of money involved in his intial purchase. Not many can do that. But since the American taxpayers paid for them originally I'm thinking he's doubling his money on each one sold.
And it's down to 9. I was almost right when I said this latest lot of 52 would be gone by midnight. :)

#12 ·
In looking at his closed auctions there were several people who bought these guns in large quantities.
I see 42,47,50 and 52. So we will for sure see them being relisted and flipped by some of them on same site.
A month or so from now there will be actual pics of each gun with the letter and asking prices of $2500+ most likely.

#13 ·
I think you're right. My first thought was that the high volume buyers might be already set up to cerakote guns, and all of the sudden we've got new USMC marked guns popping up... but I think the provenance of originality. .. original finish and originally owned by the military and likelyhood of combat use will be much much more desirable to almost everyone that likes firearms.

#15 ·
The person selling them is simply dumping them for a quick turnaround on their investment.
Could have upwards of $500,000 tied up in this. If he paid $1000 each for 500 of them and is flipping them at $1300 or so that's a pretty quick $150,000 he's making. I'd even think they paid less than $1000 for each one. Old saying is true 'it takes money to make money'. And this seller was at the right place at the right time to scoop em up.

#16 ·
.. and also, I think it only fair since I got hit with the heavy NC 7.5% tax... dag nabbit...
Can I be the first to post in the WTS section these fine fine gunbroker items for sale.
And if you act now, it will include a small pocket tool and a Gunbroker tote bag. For $50.00.

:) :) :)

Just kiddin. .. (but seriously... now I have to intercept this mess of stuff being delivered that my wife is gonna wonder why I ordered it !!!! )

#18 ·
.. and also, I think it only fair since I got hit with the heavy NC 7.5% tax... dag nabbit...
Can I be the first to post in the WTS section these fine fine gunbroker items for sale.
And if you act now, it will include a small pocket tool and a Gunbroker tote bag. For $50.00.

:) :) :)

Just kiddin. .. (but seriously... now I have to intercept this mess of stuff being delivered that my wife is gonna wonder why I ordered it !!!! )

I still don't like that aspect of this. You have to be a 'Gold member' of Gunbroker to buy one and PAY $50 to become one.
Ive been a user/member/buyer there since it started. In fact I was one of the original Beta testers for them. Now they let some seller dictate you have to pay addtl fees just to buy one of his auctions? I smell an inside rat somewhere. It ain't right. The owners of Gunbroker are already RAKING it in daily on final value fees from items sold. Now they have this stupid 'gold member' only BS?

#28 · (Edited)
Yes these are real. USMC learned the hard way not a good idea to include in the RFP to industry the requirement to use of cerakote. It some cases it did not last 48 hours going in and out of a sand impregnated holster. Replacements are ion bond. If you want a USMC marked x or not one better get it...

This deal has been in the works for over a year. Going to get a great lightly used pistol in almost all cases except for the finish.

#31 ·
Gunbroker now has a "bumper crop" month of Gold member memberships this month.. or for however long it takes to sell all the "re-purposed" :) M45's.
Wonder how many Gold members they had before this? Since apparently Gold members get to some advantages of limited auction sells or something ( I didn't read the fine print). .. that sort of is a downer for those that were Gold members before.
It's like an exclusive Golf club gone public. Rodney Dangerfield and the whole gang just showed up for the deals.

#33 ·
In all my years on Gb i have NEVER seen any gun of any make sell this fast in this qua.
Its like he just invented Nathan's hot dogs or something? People are literally snapping them up in 2s and 4s and larger numbers.
I've seen single rare guns go as quick as they are listed. And have even had some myself do so.
But this seller has literally sold 100s in a day.

His investment on the whole lot will be a quick turnaround. At this intial price it's a fair deal.
If people wait than the ones who bought 40+ will be relisting them for double this current price.

I honestly think he could have asked $2,000 and still be selling them this quick.
oh well congrats to all who got one.

Current lot is down to 20 now. If it wasn't for the WC Professional I put on layaway a few weeks back I probably would have gotten one myself.
yall enjoy them in good health.
Cheers

#35 ·
If he increases the price slowly as he sells them, ( which he did once on Friday), that would mean that the guns are appreciating in value before even receive them, right !

I'm glad he didn't start them at $2K. With the 7.5% NC tax, shipping, and FFL, and elustrious $50 membership, I would have been $2200 into this gun. That's as much as the Custom shop CQB .
As probably everybody may know, but throwing it out there anyway- these are not custom shop CQB's, although appearing to be much more desirable at the present time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.