Colt Forum banner

Colt Mustang XSP review

2K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Lawman67 
#1 ·
See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
The only reason why one of these doesn't reside in my safe right now is because the owner of the local fun shop promised me a really good price on one, but when I went back there a couple days later his minion refused to honor it. So I went somewhere else and bought a Glock 42 instead for ~$250 less. The Mustangs are really nice pistols (reliable, good trigger and soft on recoil), but they are at a huge price disadvantage compared to the other polymer-framed pocket .380s currently on the market.

BTW nice review and website.

#4 ·
Very well done, Hunter. I appreciate the review. I had been thinking about getting a XSP and now I am really thinking hard about getting one. What's up with all the those other plastic non-Colt's on your shooting table? Just kidding. Are you going to be able to review the new Series '70 Gold Cup National Match? Thanks again for the review.
-Craig

#5 ·
Hunter

Good photo. A couple of questions.

1) What brand and type ammo do you have loaded in the magazine?
2) I have the Mustang Pocketlite and love it with no problems at all and was wondering how the XSP & Mustang compares with each other in firing, and in carrying comfort if any.

#9 ·
I would like to see a version w/o rail and withthe same triggerguard as the alloy frame version.I have the alloy vrsion ,added a Cylinder and slide ambi safety , which was $75 and IMHO too long. Colt shoud offer an ambi safety like this on the alloy frame model. What is the logic for not? Colt should push to sell these as ccw pistols for active duty military if the rules are changed. One if these in the pocket of fatigues causes no alarm ,and in scenarios like FT Hood and TN ,would be a game changing lifesaver. I prefer my Colt D frames , but often carry the Mustang ,and it just disappears. I have standardized on the Hornady critical defense as a carry load. Accurate , good penetration , very large wound channel ,does not plug with clothing ,and best of all I get them locally for $18n for 25 rounds. They should also push to get more of the cqb 45s in miltary hands. Nice review, thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.