What’s Your Opinion For The Best Holster For My 1953 OMM?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: What’s Your Opinion For The Best Holster For My 1953 OMM?

Member #
    Liked
    3416 times
    I get my holsters from gun shows. Usually look for lined El Paso Saddlery ones. Often can get a nice one for under $50. And the gun show day is more or less enjoyable too.

Member #
    Liked
    1137 times
    I saw that Lawrence and Eubanks were suggested as well as Heiser. Any would be great. Here's a Eubanks with an early 6-inch Colt 3 5 7.

Member #
    Liked
    948 times
    bmcgilvray, that is a very cool Eubanks holster. I have a bunch of them and have never seen that particular style before. What are the markings on the back ? I have several No. 87's which are for revolvers, several No. 89's which are for automatics, used to have a No. 90 which was a full flap model for medium frame revolvers and the only one I have seen of a No. 50 which is oak leaf carved for a revolver. I think the Eubanks holsters are very under appreciated by collectors.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1137 times
    Here's the best of several bad photographs I took of the marking when I photographed the holster.

I agree with you Walter Rego. A couple of Eubanks holsters live here and they are first rate, excellent quality and workmanship and still serviceable though over 60 years old. The other Eubanks is a flap holster I had acquired years ago and represented as to fit a 4-inch Colt Official Police. Turned out to fit 5-inch N-Frame Smith & Wessons.

Member #
    Liked
    223 times
    Quote Originally Posted by feralmerril View Post
    I also am in the market to fit a couple of 6 1/2" N frame fine old smiths. I would like to get a fancy lined flap covered tooled carved leather holster. I just haven't got serious yet about it as truth is they are safe queens and I haven't been carrying them except to shoot them of the bench. Dont think I shot them in 35 or 40 years. A old Triplelock with factory target sights added in 1949 and a 1950 Target also .44 special made in the mid 1950`s. Its just hard to pay a hundred or two for a holster I wont use but nice to have.
    It would be hard to improve on a vintage Lawrence or Heiser flap holster, Mexican carved, for your classics. When you remember that it's the revolvers that are the holster accessory, not the other way 'round :-). I doubt one would pay much less for a vintage Bianchi #16L yet the first two are so much more beautiful. Turnerriver has posted impeccable examples of both Lawrence and Heiser flaps with carving in the past; no modern maker has ever equalled them (Lawrence is uniquely of the Sheridan style of carving). But they aren't cheap and shouldn't be.
    Red Nichols
    The Holstorian (tm)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links