What’s Your Opinion For The Best Holster For My 1953 OMM?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: What’s Your Opinion For The Best Holster For My 1953 OMM?

Member #
    Liked
    52 times

What’s Your Opinion For The Best Holster For My 1953 OMM?

Gentleman and Ladies present,

I ask this loaded question (no pun intended) knowing I would get ample opinions or suggestions.

I like to have a holster for each of my pistols. And it’s sport to me to hunt for what I believe makes the best fit. I’ve collected holsters for 4” pistols but not 6”. I own several Viking floral holsters knowing that they are the Chevrolet of holsters, but I can afford them. I missed out on a H.H. Heiser 184 Colt Officers Model Revolver Shoulder Holster for $60 that I thought would be ideal but I was to tight to pull the trigger (again, no pun intended).

So I pose a friendly question to the Lounge ‘What’s Your Opinion For The Best Holster For My 1953 OMM?’.

Most Sincerely,
    elmersglue

10.jpg12.jpg

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2834 times
    Unless you buy a new holster from one of the custom makers, it is going to be the used one you find that fits.

If $60 for a Heiser is too much, maybe sewing a belt loop to a black gun show special zipper case would work ....
    phyllis1 and rednichols like this.

Member #
    Liked
    191 times
    I bought a couple of these from an older gentleman (Dave Newcomb, RIP) as range holsters for my revolvers with very nice finishes. One each for 4" and and 6". Fleece lined to help eliminates the holster wear.

Or, this might work.
    KB3, weagle99, elmersglue and 1 others like this.
    ***Honesty is the foundation of one's character***

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    4064 times
    I believe the flip-flop style holster is what's referred to as "field expedient". It may not be elegant but it gets the job done.
    Mickey_D likes this.
    It was me...I shot Liberty Valance.

Member #
    Liked
    52 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey_D View Post
    I bought a couple of these from an older gentleman (Dave Newcomb, RIP) as range holsters for my revolvers with very nice finishes. One each for 4" and and 6". Fleece lined to help eliminates the holster wear.

Or, this might work.
    Fleece lined. Very nice.
    As to the blue holster... I need to thinks alittle more on that one.

Member #
    Liked
    854 times
    Keep an eye out on ebay for an older Lawrence or Eubanks Holster. Be prepared to spend $50-$80 but you'll be happy that you did. The Lawrence holsters started to use a numbering system in the 1960's so you want to look for a number 502. Older ones, along with the Eubanks holsters will usually just have some kind of abbreviation stamped into the back but can usually be deciphered too. It might say something like Colt OMM or .38 Medium 6 to fit a number of 6" medium frame Colts and S&W's.
    Here's a nice old Lawrence for a Colt Official Police that was picked up cheap because it needed a repair to the strap.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Lobo Gun Leather and El Paso Saddlery each offer a Threepersons for around $80. I suspect a holster for a 6" Python would fit if they don't have a mold for an OMM. I prefer a hammer thong because I'm always afraid a snap will scratch the frame.

Member #
    Liked
    2660 times
    Keep an eye out on ebay for an older Lawrence or Eubanks Holster. Be prepared to spend $50-$80 but you'll be happy that you did. The Lawrence holsters started to use a numbering system in the 1960's so you want to look for a number 502. Older ones, along with the Eubanks holsters will usually just have some kind of abbreviation stamped into the back but can usually be deciphered too. It might say something like Colt OMM or .38 Medium 6 to fit a number of 6" medium frame Colts and S&W's.
    Here's a nice old Lawrence for a Colt Official Police that was picked
    The old Lawrence holsters are good leather. I have one for a Woodsman and I really like it.

Member #
    Liked
    5132 times
    I also am in the market to fit a couple of 6 1/2" N frame fine old smiths. I would like to get a fancy lined flap covered tooled carved leather holster. I just haven't got serious yet about it as truth is they are safe queens and I haven't been carrying them except to shoot them of the bench. Dont think I shot them in 35 or 40 years. A old Triplelock with factory target sights added in 1949 and a 1950 Target also .44 special made in the mid 1950`s. Its just hard to pay a hundred or two for a holster I wont use but nice to have.

Member #
    Liked
    5132 times
    Here`s what I am talking about.

2000 "Full Flap Holster"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links