Colt Forum banner

Heiser holster for a Colt Cobra LW

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  rednichols 
#1 ·
Picked up this Heiser #457 FBI quick draw holster off of Ebay a few years ago for my 1968 Colt Cobra LW revolver. Under the maker's mark the craftsman wrote " Cobra 2". It's my favorite holster for
my Cobra, and keeps the gun nice and snug while carrying. Not sure when it was made.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Turnerriver showed me that the Heiser 457 was introduced around 1939; and we say 'around' because Heiser's catalogues are not always dated, but those that are dated allowed us to date the rest of them because they are ALWAYS sequentially numbered. The stamp was used from around (there's that word again) 1920 until 1960. Heiser itself was sold in 1945 and again in 1950, but the stamp continued; and the company appears to have effectively ceased operations with its 1960 Heiser-Keyston-Lichtenberger catalogue; which left a void that a young John Bianchi filled with his copies of the Heiser lineup beginning in 1963.

I'd estimate that yours is 'early': Heiser's own production of it during the War years. But turnerriver might have a better view, given that the 457 stamp is on the holster body rather than on the belt loop, which may or may not be a clue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.