4/28/2013

• Ordered (1) MUL (Mini Uni-Loop) AIWB holster for J-Frame

• INSTANT PAYMENT IN FULL via PayPal

4/23/2014

• Emailed 'Josh' inquiring about my order

• No reply to-date...

5/21/2014

• Filed 'non-receipt​-of-goods' complaint w/PayPal

• PayPal policies 'confounded' (basically auto-****-canned) complaint (= vendor hiding behing smoke-screen)

• Emailed vendor declaring intention to sue in local Small Claims Court

*INTROSPECTIVE* MORAL OF STORY

I wouldn't order a(nother) holster from 'Kobelson Leatherworks' if they were they only maker on (Google) Earth

Last edited by Schofidel; 05-21-2014 at 03:37 AM. Reason: :/

Member #
    Liked
    192 times
    If you have filed a non-receipt with eBay/PayPal, my experience is that they will take the payment off the seller in due course. I've had really good luck with this over the years. It only gets difficult if you RECEIVE the goods and just don't like them.
    Red Nichols
    The Holstorian (tm)

Member #
    Liked
    63 times
    Hope you have luck securing your holster. There are not to many people worse than a cheat!

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Member #
    Liked
    21 times

Update

5/21/14

"Question @ Kobelson Leatherworks" (@ leatherworker.net forum)

'wwwDOTshopleatherworksDOTcom' = 63.141.142.232 (ARIN 'WHOIS' lookup)

Abuse Report filed with vendor's ISP (Bigcommerce, Austin, TX)

Misc/Other

The vendor has finally contacted me, and he somehow thinks he is due a 30% 'restocking fee' on a holster he never made, much less shipped or delivered.

I will not allow the vendor to collect any such 'tax' without him incurring additional, legal costs.

If that is not my last word on this topic, it might as well be; I can't stand dishonesty in any form, and Mr. Kobelson is full of it.

:/

Banned

Member #
    Liked
    21 times

Update

According to what I presume is the last email I can expect to receive from Mr. Kobelson, he will refund my money 'within 24-28 hours'.

Exactly what amount he has in mind is not clear, and because he indicated no further communication is necessary on my part regarding his ham-handed manner of handling this matter, I gather I don't have his 'permission' to ask.

In addition, since we are talking about PayPal here, I see no good reason for any delay; ordering on his site requires instant payment, so refunds should be be handled in a like manner.

Since they are not and Mr. Kobelson is so evasive, this leaves things to the imagination.

Speaking for myself only, I rather imagine Mr. Kobelson living in his mother's basement or some similar setup − most probably pouting aloud − so he couldn't possibly be paying rent, and it's starting to look like he needs some time to come up with a story, then ask some special person snared in his life for a(nother) 'loan' to cover the money he already owes me.

While there may indeed be light down there somewhere, from this end of the tunnel it appears quite dim, at least in 'real life'.

If it turns out I'm mistaken and Mr. Kobelson 'mans up' and sends my money back, I'll let you know.

Meantime, I wouldn't hold my breath: '24-48 hours' is not only unreasonable, it is a *VERY* long time − especially on the internet.

Last edited by Schofidel; 05-22-2014 at 04:54 AM. Reason: :/

Banned

Member #
    Liked
    21 times

Update

• Mr. Kobelson refunded the *entire amount* this AM
    ...Finally...

• As soon as I saw it on PayPal, I transferred my refund to my Bank Account

• Next, I composed and posted this message

Misc/Other (@ PayPal)

As soon as the transfer is complete, I intend to *CLOSE* my PayPal account.

This is for three reasons:

1) My PayPal balance is again at $0.00, where it has been for a long time now (you know, about a year waiting on a 'Cretin' Order order I placed back then..)

2) In this day and age, PayPal's so-called "Service" is virtually irrelevant (*NO* pun intended)

3) In my twice-gained experience, I learned PayPal's so-called "Help" isn't any at all

'Case closed' (I hope...)

HTH

ETA: I see the thread @ LeatherWorker.net Forum linked above has been DELETED. I presume I am also BANNED there, but I suppose it was worth the effort I put into that venture.
    Last edited by Schofidel; 05-22-2014 at 12:19 PM. Reason: ETA

Banned

Member #
    Liked
    21 times

Public Service Announcement (5/22/14)

Since the posting formerly @ LWnetF referenced above is gone, I loaded my Record Copy and had some fun with it.

See attached image.

Qualifications & Open-Source Statement

• As is often the case, it seems one must LOGON to view images attached to posts on this forum

• This in turn would appear to impose certain limits on the use of the image attached to this one

• I created the attached image, so I own the rights to it

• AFAIAC, the attached image is now in the PUBLIC DOMAIN

• Again, AFAIAC, the attached image may be modified, copied, or distributed without limitation

HTH
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Schofidel; 05-22-2014 at 05:50 PM. Reason: Deleted original pic; Applied 'B&W Rule'; renamed/uploaded file

Banned

Member #
    Liked
    21 times

*Caveat Emptor* @ PayPal '2': You Wait, They Win, You Lose

[Rant Mode: ON]

As I said, I haven't used it much, so I only noticed today that PayPal takes '3-4 Days to complete' (pry?) an electronic transfer out of their sticky little fingers.

If this is what they consider the normal course of electronic commerce, then IMO, it is probably the definitive example of their 'Service Policy'

PayPal holds onto the money, gaining compound interest on it by the proverbial minute, while the 'Customer' can go suck eggs.

I don't know about you, but I prefer mine scrambled over fried, and raw is entirely out-of-the-question.

As Harry Callahan said back in '73,

[Rant Mode: OFF]
    Last edited by Schofidel; 05-23-2014 at 12:13 AM. Reason: :/

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links