Colt Forum banner

New thief exposed in the Classifieds tonight * UPDATED 2/11/16

3K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  MGJ 
#1 · (Edited)
I received pm's from 2 very alert members drawing my attention to an ad for a Colt 1911 M45 USMC . The price was low and the seller's IP showed Nigeria .

I've said it before and will continue . Our membership is second to no other forum . Well done gentlemen !

#3 ·
Thanks Guy, I was wondering about that one. Price was low enough to make you want to jump on it but then the little voice in my head said, if it is too good to be true.........

Reactions: MGJ
#4 · (Edited)
Here's a good site that will help you find the source of a fraudulent gun (or anything).

First off, if you don't have an email from the seller send him one to ask a question or something in order to get a response in his email.

Then go here, explains in easy terms how to get the IP address of the email and gives you an Email Analyzer to use to find the source from where it was sent.

Trace Email Address Source

Handy!

#9 ·
I remember seeing that WTS post not long after it listed and I heard the little voice saying hmmm. Seller is describing a custom shop USMC roll marked for the price of a standard current production floor model M45. That's sounding way too good to be true. Thanks to those member(s) that cinched the cuffs on that one.

#10 · (Edited)
Another private message scammer exposed this morning thanks to a member reporting a suspicious pm .

I figure maybe 5-6 members received a similar pm before he was banned .

DISREGARD a pm from "richy" or any other new member promising he can deliver . He trolls the online gun forums WTB/WTS Classifieds and responds that he can or knows a guy that can deliver whatever it is you are asking for .

Sent by: richy
Original Content:
Hi,

Email Mark on mmxdef@gmail.com regarding your request . He gave me a great deal when i purchased from him. He is located in Monterey park CA 91754 and fast shipping.HE IS TRUSTED

Thanks

Reactions: 11866
#12 · (Edited)
Even the Secret Service can't stop fraud enticements from Nigeria. A friend of mine was in the Service, mostly Presidential Protection but did a round or two in their Treasury Unit. He said the Gross National Product of Nigeria was Computer Fraud. For any such schemes they were helpless.

Use that Email Analyzer I posted on this thread several posts back. These guys aren't that sophisticated; likely for a suspicious item if it's from Nigeria the Header of an Email from the guy will reveal it straight-away. I did for one come-on. I found the Internet Cafe in Nigeria the email came from.

I flew to Nigeria and took a cab to the Cafe and told the guy to wise-up. He said he wouldn't do it again and apologized. I said: "Everyone makes mistakes in life. You've just had yours" and walked out into the sunset. There was a pause and then a cry from far-off "HIYO SILVER AWAYYYY.....!"

well...the first part is true..

#13 ·
Great work. Thanks to all that was involved. Great forum.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.