Colt Forum banner

USFA Pictures

242K views 1K replies 112 participants last post by  Marlan1 
#1 · (Edited)
How about posting pictures of your USFA Revolvers.
Here is my pair of Nickeled Rodeo II:

Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Gun accessory
Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Gun accessory

See less See more
#9 ·
I have owned a lot of Colt SAA's and I feel the USFA's that I have owned are at
least of equal quality. I try to buy, or trade for, any nice ones I run into.
Supply is low and demand keeps getting higher.
I sure would like to find an Omnipotent with the short barrel. Ben W. (what would
you say) has one that he taunts us with from time-to-time.
Ben, how about re-posting pictures of that one!!

#10 ·
USFA Rodeo II .45 caliber sheriff's model, new in box, satin nickel finish with original grips and added stag. A friend complained when I offered it to him years ago that it was a cheaper model (Rodeo II). I think he may have changed his mind since then.

Attachments

#15 ·
Swamprat/Hugh, Your shiny nickeled Sheriff's Model does not show any USFA markings.
The barrel address is a standard Colt one. What happened on this one??

I THINK IT WAS ONE OF THE PROTOTYPES THEY MADE TO SHOW COLT WHEN THEY WERE TRYING TO GET THEM TO LET THEM MAKE SAA'S FOR THEM. There are subtle differences between the internal parts of a Colt and this one.

#55 ·
USFA did indeed offer the 12/22 in blue and nickel, in all three barrel lengths. I watched them come and go at Davidson's before ordering mine for the whopping sum of $676 in 2009.

I have four USFA's, far fewer than I wanted. Wish I had ordered that Bisley Flat-top .44Spl or .38-40 when I had the chance. Now I have to build one.

Pre-war .44Spl with Nutmeg ivory:

12/22 with one piece walnut.

Rodeo II .38Spl:

Full blue early USPFA .45Colt (below the 12/22):

Bad leadership , all over the place killed a company that made nice revolversand met demand Colt could 'nt . Inthe end rising prices killed them If Colt had put out a stainless revolver like the Rodeo 2 instead of the Cowboy they would have had a winner
Doug Donnelly killed them, not rising prices or anything else. In reality, they should've cost a lot more than they did.

Colt announced a stainless SAA but far as I know, never produced any.

#32 ·
Tim, I 'ran into it' at a gunshow about a year ago. I did not realize USFA had made such a gun!
I grabbed it and never put it down until it was mine. I love the short barrel and the USFA
markings on the frame below the cylinder. The case coloring is also impressive.

Ben will know how many were made. He probably owns a couple of them.