Washington State Gun Law Problem
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: Washington State Gun Law Problem

Member #
    Liked
    967 times
    I might add, getting a CPL here is very painless. It is a Shall Issue state, and some min requirements ( You just have to NOT be a felon or have a 4th deg assault misdemeanor on your record, or deemed insane by a doctor.)

$48 and good for 4 (or is it 5?) years.

I took the Utah class and got licensed in Utah (locally here in WA state) so now my CPL is good for 34 states.

Member #
    Liked
    2012 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurryin' Hoosier View Post
    Washington is on the "left coast", after all.
    ROFLMAO! I am convinced that most of the population in the state of California are special.
    Colt-SL, ei8ht, kregzubov and 1 others like this.
    Bill
    NRA Life Member, and Long Time Colt Enthusiast!

Member #
    Liked
    5725 times
    SpeedFRK, what did the out of state class consist of? We moved here to Utah in 2005. I went to the local class with gun and ammo and was surprised there was no range time at all. There was no written test. Outside of getting finger printed elsewhere, it really was just sitting through a days filibuster. Just wondering how much if any, the rules have changed. I recall being contacted by mail to renew by fee, which I did, but forgot if I did it by once or two or three times by now. Maybe I better look at my permit!
    Last edited by feralmerril; 01-26-2017 at 11:28 AM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    5725 times
    Just checked. It`s every five years to renew in Utah. See I have three to go. I must have renewed twice. It`s kind of nice here as we can OC anyway. Covered either way. I have never OC`ed in town. Very few do here. I know I haven't noticed it over a dozen times in town since we moved here 12 years ago. Wife doesn't take me out much anymore.
    speedfrk73z and kregzubov like this.

Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    In my country (Argentina), the weapons we buy with our money, are not really ours, but the government, which gives us a "tenancy" of them. This "tenancy" is renewed every five years, and if for any reason this renewal is rejected, we must sell the weapons in a 90-day time frame or hand them over to the government for destruction.
    A clarification: What is renewed is not the "tenancy" of each weapon, but the right to have "tenancy". Here it is called Credential of Legitimate User (CLU).
    Last edited by marczilan; 01-26-2017 at 02:59 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    127 times
    Go Mules. Neat part of WA

Member #
    Liked
    1272 times
    The Washington State law has never been enforced once since it went into effect in 2014. The state is afraid of a challenge in court and the police look at it as a waste of their time. I told my family that if they have any contact with law enforcement while armed they are to remain silent until contacting a lawyer, no exceptions.
    gmcscoutsquad likes this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    532 times
    The Washington State Atty. General is after AR's and magazine's now. We have had (2) AR shootings in the entire history of the state, both recently. Now this clown has political aspirations and we all have to pay?
    The Unknown Engineer

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    455 times
    Washington is truly becoming a huge anti gun state passing laws to discourage gun owners and the like. Every time I sell a gun to someone in WA I have to send an invoice so they can collect sales tax which is crazy.
    Sportsdad60 likes this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    723 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Faires View Post
    Has anyone tried purchasing a gun from Washington State lately. I tried and was told my C&R would not be honored because of a state law passed in 2015. It state that all transfers must be through FFL's working for a profit. Thus C&R FFL's are not valid to send or receive firearms. I was also informed that all though most people believe this was not the intent of the law no one wants to be the test case.
    I would encourage the NRA and Washington Rifle association to look in to this and work toward getting it fixed. Until then I will not purchase any firearms from any individual or vendor in Washington.
    Are you guys sure you aren't overthinking a non-issue here?

According to the linked text of the law, subsection 3, transfers between non-dealers (thereby including C&R) need to go through, and I quote, "... a licensed dealer..". There you have it, assuming your Washington dealer is a FFL 01.

The state of Washington cannot legally regulate who is entitled to receive firearms in another state. Interstate arms transfers are entirely a federal matter. Some FFL 01's won't ship to or receive from a C&R, but the state of Washington can't (nor based on the links, does) regulate where a licensed dealer sends guns out of state. It appears a C&R has to go through an FFL 01 in Washington to ship out of state, but I don't see where you guys come up with the other stuff.
    Sportsdad60, Joel6180 and ei8ht like this.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links