Colt Forum banner

Snubbie Fever

53K views 262 replies 110 participants last post by  DRYHEAT 
#1 ·
All the Hoop-La surrounding the new Colt Cobra got me thinking about the many and varied small, short barreled carry guns. New and improved is good but old, well crafted and pretty is still GREAT! Let's see those famous snub nose revolvers. Any manufacturer and any caliber but let's keep them revolvers with three inch barrels or less.

See less See more
#179 · (Edited)
You all are a bunch of Snubs!

19-5 Diplomatic security services. 1 of 335.
Gun Brown Firearm Trigger Ammunition

Ruger Birdshead Vaquero
Brown Gun Red Tan Trigger

686-4 PC Quadra port
Gun Firearm Trigger Gun accessory Ammunition

Ruger LCR in .357
Brown Gun Firearm Photograph White

686-3
Gun Firearm Red White Trigger

#184 ·
Model 19-5?
Great looking snub!

#182 ·
I've been wanting a Model 19 snubby for a long time but the price of admission has been more than I could justify for nice one so I settled for the Model 66 several months ago...

I have a few snubbies other than that...here are the magnum snubbies...

All Colt snubbies...

The Colt Marshal I picked up a few weeks ago...

#185 ·
Awesome collection sir!

#187 ·
You're killing me with that M19 snubby! The price you paid was more than fair...much less than I normally see them.

Reactions: Zorros
#188 ·
I bought 4 guns from this seller over time, all revolvers. 50s agent, 50s mod 36, colt SAA, this. He would buy revolvers from estates, older people, etc., but his customers were not so big on revolvers So his prices were usually good. His customers were buying shotguns for geese and deer and semi auto pistols for home defense. on the other hand he would get something that he thought was special, and ask twice what it was worth and it would not move. Have not been in his store for Nearly a year.

#192 ·
I know that someone out there must have one of the John Jovino Astra .44 round butt snubbies. Below is off the web - not mine, but quite a custom M28 2 1/2 .44 Special round butt conversion.

Reactions: got2hav1 and cda926
#195 ·
This just barely counts...... the barrel is 3 1/8”. It started life as a 5” nickled gun with a square butt in 1919.
Now it has had some beautification done

Attachments

#198 ·
The newest snubby I have...and can change that as needed with the other barrels...Dan Wesson .357...

And a S&W Model 29 snubby from Lew Horton I picked up a while back...

#207 ·
All the Hoop-La surrounding the new Colt Cobra got me thinking about the many and varied small, short barreled carry guns. New and improved is good but old, well crafted and pretty is still GREAT! Let's see those famous snub nose revolvers. Any manufacturer and any caliber but let's keep them revolvers with three inch barrels or less.

Here is an Iver Johnson 38 S&W x 2".

Attachments