Colt Forum banner

Scrimshaw

2K views 20 replies 16 participants last post by  Flyfishit 
#1 ·
While helping with a friends knife collection I ran across this piece I did in 1996 so I thought I'd share it. The Randall is #216 of my early RBS dealer special with ivory. The engraving was done much later by Jere Davidson. At the time I finished this in 1996, Jere was a master engraver for Colt.

See less See more
#18 ·
I've been acquainted with Rick's work for a few years now and he is one of the few top scrimshanders in the country.

I was lucky; for six years I was in a relationship with a woman who, while not quite the skill level of Rick, she was, without any formal training, a good scrimshaw artist. I was able to benefit from her skills on a few knives that I own and a pair of 1911 Stocks she made for me as a surprise Christmas Present. I was assigned to the Coast Guard Cutter MOHAWK, home-ported in Key West and we were on patrol until the week before Christmas, 2000; these were my Christmas Present from her:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.