+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes
  • 6 Post By Matchlock
  • 2 Post By MtnSpur

Thread: Ed Beesley's Colt

Supporting Member Matchlock will become famous soon enough
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Put my saddle on the stove, Ma! I'm Ridin' the Range tonight.
    Liked
    2163 times

Ed Beesley's Colt

Here's a rather nice Colt that belongs to a friend of Jim Martin. The owner of the gun is a fellow named Ed Beesly, "The Jersey Kid" as he is known, and this Colt has a beautiful pair of Sambar Stag stocks that Jim Martin made for this gun many years ago.

The gun is currently being sold on Gun Broker and the particulars are: Caliber .45 Colt, customized to match the profile of a first generation and the grips and action job was done by the infamous Jim Martin of Kingman, Arizona, and the engraving was done by Master engraver Mark Swanson Prescott.

Here's the listing information:
    Item Title: Master Engraved Colt Single SAA Stag Grips
    Item Number: 343180281

Bud

Jersey Kid's Colt_1.jpgJersey Kid's Colt_2.jpgJersey Kid's Colt_3.jpgJersey Kid's Colt_4.jpgJersey Kid's Colt_5.jpg

Last edited by Matchlock; 05-21-2013 at 09:02 AM. Reason: Adding the proper listing information for GunBroker
    Primer88, rhmc24, serb and 3 others like this.
    "I shall pass through this world but once. Any good therefore that I can do or any kindness that I can show to any human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again. - Mhatma Gandhi

Supporting Member Primer88 is on a distinguished road
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    510 times
    Great Colts seem to flourish in Arizona! Nice, very nice. Thanks Bud for posting. I didn't realize Jim Martin is just up the road. Also, I'm always in Prescott so I will try to meet up with Mark Swanson. I'm sure he has some nice displays of his engraving.
    "Shudda shot a rabbit don't make no stew"

Supporting Member MtnSpur will become famous soon enough
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2077 times
    I know, I know...what I'm about to say is blasphemous to some but I'm not a big fan of full or overly engraved firearms... that one is just right and I'd be proud to have it. Not overdone at all and the coverage isn't overwhelming. When an engraver feels like every centimeter of a firearm needs to have something on it, it takes away from the flow the revolver (ie) had to begin with. Kinda like a woman who's ever so slightly uncovered, maybe a bare shoulder or thigh but nothing showing to get arrested for kinda coverage, that's class.
    serb and Tranter45 like this.
    "The end comes no matter what, the only thing that matters is how do you wanna go out, on your feet or on your knees?".....FBI Director James Grace from "The Kingdom"

Senior Member Wyatt Burp is on a distinguished road

Member #
    Liked
    2232 times
    I saw that on there but didn't read about it or know a Jim Martin connection. It's gorgeous, except I could do without "peacemaker" on the barrel. Great grips.

Senior Member serb is on a distinguished road

Member #
    Liked
    53 times
    I second MtnSpur. I think it's the tightness or crowding of the pattern that makes engraving pleasing or overbearing

.This one is just right. Its not full coverage, and the flourishes are very loose and flowing creating the illusion of openness.

Gets an A for aesthetically pleasing with me.

AND hes dead on with the girls. leaving a little to the imagination works fine. I can take it from there. Hahahaha

Seinfeld lamenting how Elaine "faked it" with him:"how did she do it? Shes like Meryl Streep this woman. And I know how to work the equipment!. I'm not unskilled, I'm in the union!
    Last edited by serb; 05-19-2013 at 02:35 PM.
    "Drop your gun belt....and go away."~ Wyatt Earp

Supporting Member Colt-SL is on a distinguished road
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2505 times
    Whether your cup of tea or not, no denying, that is a work of art!! Thanks for putting it together Jim and thanks for posting Bud!
    Tony

"There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life...or death. It shall be life." - Ten Bears (Will Sampson) - "The Outlaw Josey Wales" 1976

Supporting Member elliotf is on a distinguished road
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1125 times
    The GB auction number you provided "Here's the listing # on Gun Broker: 342044339"

comes up with "RARE USFA SA Factory Cut Away" unless I am doing something wrong.

Supporting Member Jim Martin is on a distinguished road
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    785 times
    Quote Originally Posted by elliotf View Post
    The GB auction number you provided "Here's the listing # on Gun Broker: 342044339"

comes up with "RARE USFA SA Factory Cut Away" unless I am doing something wrong.
    Ed has 2 guns for sale on GB,the 1 u mentioned & the Colt,maybe I mixed up the #'s when I forwarded the colt photo to Bud,I'm not good on the "compuker".

Sponsored Links