Colt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nigerian gun swindle

3K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  guy sajer 
#1 ·
I would like to post an interesting series of e-mails I received this past week. My friends loved them.
[HR][/HR]
On Jun 27, 2013, at 2:15 AM, Monical Kardarhina <monicalkardarhina@yahoo.com> wrote:

>
> I have a nice 1911 a1
> Wondering if you are still in need
>
> so that i attached pics and details
>
> waitin
To: Monical Kardarhina <monicalkardarhina@yahoo.com>
Sent: Thursday, June 27, 2013 2:34 PM
Subject: Re: 1911 a1

Would appreciate a look. Make? Year?

Sent from my iPhone

Hi

I have attached pics for your view

1945 Remington Rand 1911 A1 U.S. Army
All original, all correct WW2 1945 Remington Rand 45 ACP M 1911 A1 U.S. Army in near mint condition! Serial number is 2171177. This example is as issued and totally correct. It retains 99+% original finish and all parts fit tight and firm. Parkarization is dark with NO browning or wear. The internal parts are completely correct. The blued barrel is the correct one marked, "HS" on right side, and "P" on the other. Blueing on barrel is intact and the barrel has seen no inside or out wear. Top of trigger guard on the left side has a "3" stamped. Right side has a "T" stamped at the top and a "H" at the bottom. Left side of the receiver has the "FJA" and "P" stamp on the frame. P marked slide on top of slide. The grips are the correct 'Keyes" made grips with the correct smaller rings around the screw holes and the screws are untouched and intact. Grips are in as new condition. The bore of the barrel is crisp and as new.

PRICE:$1000 shipped/shipping charges included

Payment:
Payment MUST be made in full before shipping. Shipping is done only after full payment. This is to filed record for the purchase, get the item well packaged before driving to the delivery agency for delivery.

This means i will have to ship the gun from my location to your location.

Tracking #:
Also, a scan copy of the shipping receipt shall be updated or sent to you. The tracking code for your package shall also be sent to you so that, you will be able to monitor the movement of your package at while on transit to your address.

Return and Refund policy:
i have a very strong return policy. even though damages are unlikely to occur during transportation, i still accept return of package and refund of funds

Exceptional Advantage:
With reference to my return and refund policy, the charges involved in sending back the package and to send back funds will be borne by me.

All what i need from you right now is your full delivery info. Please the gun will be shipped fully insured. I am an FFL dealer and so i have to ship the gun to you.

Package shall be shipped only after full payment

Shipping will be via USPS

Best regards

WAITING FOR YOUR FULL DELIVERY INFORMATION/POSSIBLE SUGGESTIONS

See less See more
#2 ·
om: barry reder <b.reder@sbcglobal.net>
Sent: Friday, June 28, 2013 5:44 AM

Please respond as quickly as possible. I do not want to miss out on this beauty. -Barry

[HR][/HR]From: barry reder <b.reder@sbcglobal.net>
Sent: Thursday, June 27, 2013 2:12 PM

Price is good, condition is good. How did you hear of me? Where are you located? -Barry

#3 ·
Dear Mr. Barry Reder,

Thanks for the response and sorry for the delay response.

With regard to your queries relating to some questions, i put forthe the following for you to understand well.

1) How did you hear of me? I am a member of the forum and also an ffl dealer.
2) Where are you located? I am located in Houston, TX

This means i shall be shipping from Houston, TX and shall ne shipping from Houston, TX to your location.

Payment:
Payment MUST be made in full before shipping. Shipping is done only after full payment. This is to filed record for the purchase, get the item well packaged before driving to the delivery agency for delivery.

Tracking #:
Also, a scan copy of the shipping receipt shall be updated or send to you. The tracking code for your package shall also be sent to you so that, you will be able to check and monitor the movement of your package at while on transit to your address.

So all what i need from your right now is your full delivery or shipping information. as soon as i have your shipping details, i will print it out, package the gun and have your delivery information posted on one face of the packaging material. once done, i will send you my western union bank account details for you to send payment for the package. once payment is sent, i shall immediately drive to the usps delivery agency to pay for the registration and shipping charges for your gun package so that it is shipped to you. I will send you the USPS shipping receipt. the shipping receipt carries the tracking # for your package and will enable to monitor the delivery status of your package while on transit from Houston to your home address.

Please, send me your delivery address as soon as possible so that i start up with the packaging procedures

My regards

Waiting

#4 ·
You are very right Barry. Barry, i know you have children. To this effect, it is belived parents are the architect of some behavioral attitude of their childrent. So just as you have set up rules that guide the behavior of their children in the house, i also have my own rules that guide the sales and purchases of my items.

I am happy that you have your ffl dealer through whom i shall be shipping to. This is because shipping to an individual is not legalised and is against the law. Since you ffl dealer has accepted to receive the pistol for you and you are ok with the purchase price, my rule is that payment must be sent for the gun so that information about the payment are recorded and saved for the purchase. Once payment is sent and you notify me, i shall email you my 03FFL so that we complete with the delivery procedure.

So please you have to send payment for the item. Below is my western unuion bank details for you to send payment.

Name.......................Akwo Molika
City...........................Houston

State.........................Texas
Zip Code..................77090
Country.....................USA
Amount.....................$1000

As soon as you send payment, please you will have to inform me so that i verify is payment has been sent. Once done, i will immediately email you the 03FFL for the proper delivery arrangements to your ffl dealer

Below are records of some of my past transactions of guns package i sold to some clients for you to verify So this is not the first time i am shipping guns packageout of my State. To make things clearer, these are contacts and names of clients whose gun package were received successfully from me so if you wish you can contact them and find out from them how my transactions with them went through.
These clients accepted my terms and conditions and in good faith, they received their packages.The packages were received successfully and the clients never had any problem receiving their packages .

1) Christopher B. Brown
MAPLE FALLS, WA 98266
Email: christopherbrown300@gmail.com

2) Dr. Agatha Sacks
KAPAA, HI 96746

Email: vega_mena@yahoo.com

3) Paul Simon D.
ELMHURST, NY 11373
Email: pauladouglas@live.com

So there is no problem, 1911 a1 will be shipped in a similar manner to your ffl dealer

My regards

Waiting for the payment to email you the 03ffl.

Thanks

Sent: Friday, June 28, 2013 11:03 PM

Mr. Kardarhina,

Your 1911a1 is in such great shape! Your price seems very fair! I spoke to my 03FFL and he is willing to accept the pistol. He asked that you e-mail me a copy

of YOUR 03FFL before we start the procedure. Once in my possession, I will fax it to him. He will then help complete the transaction.

Thank you! - Barry Reder

#5 ·
Hi Barry, My secretary, Agwo,who is incharge of recording the payments into the system for purchases made need payment details to record and save into the purchase payment sheet. So if you have sent payment for the purchase, please copy exactly as written on the western union payment receipt, the following:
1-- The 10 MTCN
2-- The full name and address of the sender.

Please these information for the payment should be sent as soon as possible so that my secreatry can have them registered.

Once the information is sent, i shall email you my ffl and follow up the proper delivery arrangements with your ffl dealer

My regards

Waiting

Sent: Saturday, June 29, 2013 8:08 PM

Mr. Kardarhina,
While I await a copy of your 01 or 03 FFL, I would like to expand our business transaction. I am a dentist and constantly buy pistols for my collection. What else are you selling in such a great condition? I have several friends in our local gun club and they were excited to read your offer. And yes, we can pool our money to make it a worthwhile effort for you. Again, Thank you.

#6 ·
I am sorry Barry, i can not establish any connection when the item has not been fully purchased. By fully purchased, i mean full payment sent for the item you have agreed you to buy. We have agreed on the price and next is for you to send payment. once payment is sent, we established the shipping procedure by me sending you my to you for your ffl dealer so that we conclude on the shipping matters. Without payment for the item, i am sorry, i am not interested. I emailed you yesterday struggling to let you know how things operate and how my secretary Agwo needs to enter into the purchase date sheet, the payment for the item before any further procedures. please once agreed on the price, payment MUST be sent before me sending you my ffl for the shipping procedures. Nothing gonna happen, the 1911 a1 is legal to be shipped from my state to any other state except California. If you are interested, please send payment and get me informed so that i send you the ffl for further delivery arrangements. without payment, i am sorry you have not made any purchase.

Take a review of my refund and return policies pls.
Also, i sent you contacts of clients who bought from me and asked you to contact them and find out things for yourself how i worked with them and also how i shipped their packages.

Please i will need your final statement regarding this transaction for i have noticed you are wasting my time.

My regards

waiting

Sent: Sunday, June 30, 2013 6:43 PM

Mr. Kardarhina- Please understand one thing....... nothing happens on my end until we receive a copy of your FFL. Until then ..... nothing. Your stalling is hurting both of us.

#15 ·
This is what I get:

From Monical Kardarhina Thu Jun 27 13:22:25 2013X-Apparently-To: b.reder@sbcglobal.net via 98.138.212.249; Thu, 27 Jun 2013 13:22:32 -0700
Return-Path: <monicalkardarhina@yahoo.com>
Received-SPF: none (domain of yahoo.com does not designate permitted sender hosts)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-
X-YMailISG: GBo07yMWLDt1G97Vjh_SmB.WpbCgqGu1I2.nsMRNEFW3Dvgt
HxN12Jof82.8VGq6Chxx2Rg2LkHcmYu6OHxggWNVa9Q9URQzviZrKk67dRiY
Kdlz_FTmVcXij0m46gZICWp8aPyuYs5zm0_jVkIpS5S1MwhyC607Jkl.q5wL
6L_MLjdokdkJFF46gHJT75dMzew0p0ViDZ6pHqpVw2fcG2Vz3VKY3tTlLxtU
k046zbhk8PcpdHhuw6LKQeZh1Eg7G9hpVtjdiMcwFtmd8HOztAfJLykpNO8d
M95h56EqftBXELFs70jnSZ9CVJdM3Jy1yhuhuJGp0GH4Z4FUzRumiQ15aAA7
eb3hhQu9PjM0x7qO3Rb73tEej9kvFqT.rCl.8A0bsNJ7Qm1.bixQF.mnxypW
IcimitMoOk1nSiIJuzunt7ypyz58GsMEZ5prlgGZpkwgY3MGaXttXjgr_ImR
3ur2Gjr2guNr2MjAI9u.e5fQnzXI0fflXO.ZsaXLAvnHRrTRJn5DJlhIvsYh
E9DuFpoPJpzPC7Unpz7cEtN7aae2LKHZFwv5aFac6gcazHWaGVRooK9FxvuI
F8qaHKKfXcIGlvieHG0lDwJBCnOlfi_l.Ntb_Q1g.R8XPbti60p72q9bjdEy
RnwbbuJj0QCFqTuWzHCnbJy51fBrFeK1vXX04eSusDcZmrFdjfJUNJadbZJr
eJK6EFGcuaVdie9gXgLwOMFeshY1jnC_q_E4YhmxSomSHQRMS7hWzuSblAuw
Gw649rfYI4olpKGsoEYxVJpsxfvnbnZBHvlJKGUPXevrsAHLRCOXR9mXefN7
J4d8.0WGeKAOOSqgfkAjkpniUbkVhXhgDq80LSLgNj2dipQ0sw5twf3JyUQ7
myzs4JQb5Luf_LMZs1JcSgBlRvNh83tn_YMQEgXDZbRrWbCZY1WoYpNPZ4OS
qgHkWfeJBIm2LbCDoYqq.nEzzfo8I2O3yQpmPQ1W_WB2xYjruXXWFrLBlLJc
swxc8Ax8oCiYPUt4FctWZ0xaxcVvFZJICD0uhRewq85qtA2L_Leowry72RRH
gvM7EQ0A1mwK56fONxlAQqjjFUa8tjcPocgxd9DRLUL0Qav5iuG_bdp1wsEv
tY.BpR5ct50HRAE2JcJMH_mDC1.sZMPeAw--
X-Originating-IP: [98.139.212.127]
Authentication-Results: mta1228.sbc.mail.gq1.yahoo.com from=yahoo.com; domainkeys=pass (ok); from=yahoo.com; dkim=pass (ok)
Received: from 127.0.0.1 (EHLO nm22-vm1.bullet.mail.bf1.yahoo.com) (98.139.212.127)
by mta1228.sbc.mail.gq1.yahoo.com with SMTP; Thu, 27 Jun 2013 13:22:31 -0700
Received: from [66.196.81.173] by nm22.bullet.mail.bf1.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 27 Jun 2013 20:22:27 -0000
Received: from [98.139.212.245] by tm19.bullet.mail.bf1.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 27 Jun 2013 20:22:26 -0000
Received: from [127.0.0.1] by omp1054.mail.bf1.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 27 Jun 2013 20:22:26 -0000
X-Yahoo-Newman-Property: ymail-3
X-Yahoo-Newman-Id: 486573.89079.bm@omp1054.mail.bf1.yahoo.com
Received: (qmail 61699 invoked by uid 60001); 27 Jun 2013 20:22:26 -0000
DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com; s=s1024; t=1372364545; bh=XxdYhkg1w0uE1o2avWp7uav3i6mg1LaZk3JpN8NH7cM=; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Rocket-MIMEInfo:X-Mailer:References:Message-ID:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=sLG/6bpQYkJMNdsh8KLImemHdAXe2ozxF1CeAWKKDV82ZQ+D75hkRqpx+OBETHpze+D0RPIlNPM7RrHLeL/s+I1OA7ZqBkP2v7xFB8lLxJBgZ5z0tIc0mIm2xoB7ZnYOj15tbzOpDWeHqXNhqqQveVvC83WOZpjCxyMHQGNZ1bs=
DomainKey-Signature:a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws;
s=s1024; d=yahoo.com;
h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Rocket-MIMEInfo:X-Mailer:References:Message-ID:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type;
b=UiXYXezA6dO5gsjgKcjxl606++tOb/rE+uNDlKZsvL8S1wE1YOqfc9fWMjEmh1AwuNuBpaQO4AbGgYEvni+7KRhqwOpGLQ6EFwU3OF/sWHSwZfnrc1lzr46lOBjMU1EU/Tm0mGGWrJMEQXeR6A+YWWJRZG4hKdwuwLWt5qfQyGw=;
X-YMail-OSG: F2VSwakVM1n0oL0yoQFI6WaKY9HQtNs7rca.bRblgRQsuEk
JW_kCPoQLsr5HwsgQhE9nY6O4S6fc1d1lPeHCFqneufdaaTRtrYWBTxHeGhp
qvdHrlP3bItpX.wBDDX16HpcSrmRFpRM4DN3fp65EXXkv0YTwX6QnWgLMzvb
NCsiNTwrMxE2RXVS_4gvOKbX5HiINXlpo07kGcAPb3_Ev_o33EkybqMZdRne
522J_lcJywqc1q58ZO42Da7BpP4Z6t5ulYlcLGWI5t62dVsQV_cwGD5r8hHj
iMPB_j1yZtNB_9BRq7h6DWUu_ZkgHRWhmdIRqRm.rolaAiw5wKNR5KVn4BDq
R4iXJlkVMiPF217LiKYpXeikpSktwwMcI0a_MX3YRH2mkDkZMHeKKpYxppO5
Rqtu1yLJLmcDPIV1suaM8bjmXfLOKvMRlh2MSbHtsOwvJwyltSegutsL5xoK
tPU3ygDbKLnGfp2brm8GDSIMSZW6F.bGk5kGOzrEKNKBMgeLTSfORsgceAoz
_HGasNHANK9Z6MYU-
Received: from [41.92.156.241] by web160405.mail.bf1.yahoo.com via HTTP; Thu, 27 Jun 2013 13:22:25 PDT
X-Mailer: YahooMailWebService/0.8.148.557
References: <1372324544.27341.BPMail_high_noncarrier@web160405.mail.bf1.yahoo.com> <AB2ADD9E-FECC-428A-AF0A-F4C6176501AF@sbcglobal.net>
Message-ID: <1372364545.38738.YahooMailNeo@web160405.mail.bf1.yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 13:22:25 -0700 (PDT)
Reply-To: Monical Kardarhina <monicalkardarhina@yahoo.com>
To: "b.reder@sbcglobal.net" <b.reder@sbcglobal.net>
In-Reply-To: <AB2ADD9E-FECC-428A-AF0A-F4C6176501AF@sbcglobal.net>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="-489199024-1426307930-1372364545=:38738"
Content-Length: 728045

Now what?

#16 · (Edited)
Personal Scam Experience

I won a Colt 1905 at auction, sent funds postal MO $1100 to address in WY. No gun, no communication. Local police not interested since the 'crime' was elsewhere. Local FBI here gave me FBI's email address. Called police in WY, also not interested but referred me to their local FBI who got interested. Found the addressee was only an ignorant woman who thought she was collecting funds for a charity. Per FBI no criminal case but a good civil case but since perp had neither a pot nor a window ---. FBI & I had several foncons and emails, he wanting obscure numbers on emails which he said could ID a specific computer & location -- if in USA. End result, found money went to Nigeria.

FBI has an email address (ic3.gov) to report computer scams to - which just adds your item to a list of 1000s of others. Postal Inspectors just send your complaint to the FBI & local police could care less.

Computer scam has a lot in common with law & order in the Old West - except it being impossible to ID who to shoot it out with.

#17 ·
The scam from Nigeria I get - quite regularly - is telling me that someone has several million US dollars they need to get out of the country quickly and they would like to use my bank to send it to. If I will just send them my bank details...............

Rio

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.