Poll: What's your preferred method for concealed-carrying a snubbie? What's best?

View Poll Results: What's your preferred method for concealed-carrying a snubbie?

Voters
210. You may not vote on this poll
  • IWB strong-side hip

46 21.90%
  • Appendix IWB (roughly 12-2 o'clock for righties)

8 3.81%
  • OWB strong-side hip

60 28.57%
  • Pocket carry

49 23.33%
  • Cross draw

13 6.19%
  • Shoulder holster

15 7.14%
  • Ankle holster

11 5.24%
  • Small of back

8 3.81%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Poll: What's your preferred method for concealed-carrying a snubbie? What's best?

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    272 times

I'm going to try one of these...

http://www.nrastore.com/nrastore/Pro...spx?p=CO%20635

Looks usable, and NRA evidently needs the money...

Member #
    Liked
    55 times
    Galco Fletch high ride, just far enough back so that I can get my hand into my pocket. Does not print or poke.
    "Blessed is one who gives without remembering and receives without forgetting." Rabbi Eleazar, 1250 AD

"Of all the animals, man is the only one that lies." Mark Twain

Member #
    Liked
    192 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ShootDeliberately View Post
    Yes, the Bianchi 100 is a completely vertical (and unadjustable for cant) holster, which I thought would be ideal for appendix carry. Is there a specific Galco model you'd recommend? I was also meaning to make a separate thread and ask people what they thought about the quality of Galco's versus the smaller hand-made holsters from people like Ryan Grizzle, Alessi, Milt Sparks, etc. - anyone who'd like to respond to that question right here and now is more than welcome.
    Here's a thread on Galco quality that I posted on another forum; you might have to join to see the images. And because my viewing is set up for latest post first, my thread starter may or may not come up on the link I've provided:

Galco quality - Page 2

I know quite a bit about holsters in general and the Galco company in particular, so the thread is not so much a review but more an endorsement.

Member #
    Liked
    170 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart45 View Post
    Just bought a Galco horsehide pocket holster for my S&W J frame, and works great in cargo pants. Tried IWB, and would have to buy different size pants to be comfortable.
    Yea I am how shall we say, portly and IWB holsters do not work good for people like me. My pants are very full of me and don't really have room for other stuff unless I buy bigger pants. I am definitely a OWB kind of guy.
    Jim - Signal_20

Member #
    Liked
    46 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rednichols View Post
    Here's a thread on Galco quality that I posted on another forum; you might have to join to see the images. And because my viewing is set up for latest post first, my thread starter may or may not come up on the link I've provided:

Galco quality - Page 2

I know quite a bit about holsters in general and the Galco company in particular, so the thread is not so much a review but more an endorsement.
    Thank you very much, that answers my question perfectly! I'll probably try a Galco next. And I'm already a member on that forum, so no problems with the images. Can you recommend a particular model for CCW of a DS? I noticed you're in Australia so I understand you may not know too much about that unless you are/were LE (shame what happened to you folks, you're welcome here in Texas any time).
    "Shoot deliberately."

- Wyatt Earp

Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    As the 1940's film vamp Mae West once said.........."Is that a gun in your pocket or are you happy to see me?"
    mg357 likes this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1357 times
    I carry my PPS snubby in a DeSantis pocket holster. In SW FL the weather is very pleasant or very hot year round, so wearing a lot of clothes will just make me miserable. I wear baggy shorts with no belt and loose fitting t-shirts every day. The holstered snubby is comfy in my pocket and shows no printing. FL is not an open carry state (yet), so discretion is in order.
    -Ed-

"If you take out the killings, Washington actually has a very, very low crime rate." --Marion Barry, Former Mayor of Washington, DC

Member #
    Liked
    761 times
    I like a very simple(as few buckles and snaps and ammo carriers and any other crap) as possible, shoulder holster, for carrying my handguns including the snub nose, 4" and 6" revolvers, and also semi autos.
    But, I rarely carry a gun in the City because I try to stay as far away from Urban areas as practical/ possible. So people that have the unfortunate circumstance to be in a City a lot, may have different ideas about carrying concealed guns.
    Most of my time with guns are in the woods and going up and down mountains and any guns on a belt tend to pull my pants down, and I am constantly having to adjust them. That is extremely annoying so I like shoulder holsters. I can grab small saplings when I need to help pull myself up a steep mountain and with the shoulder holster,they don't hinder me at all, I hardly know it's there. They are just the most comfortable and practical rig to wear,where I go.

Member #
    Liked
    3979 times
    'Pocket Carry' and no Holster is my own preference...and, this assumes a Bobbed Hammer ( of course ).

2nd in line preference wise, is 'IWB' 11:30 O'clock, via a Holster which has a Spring Steel 'Clip' which clips on to the Waist Band of me Trousers, with a Hawaiian Shirt or other Shirt style which one leaves not-tucked-in, or in cooler climes, with a Sweater which goes down past the Waist line...and, this then is usually alright with a Spur Hammer, as long as one is mindful in how one is going to draw.

If one has obliging attire or preference for a Shoulder Holster, why not just carry a full size something or another? Like Government Model in .45, or a Browning High Power? Or a Big Bore Revolver?

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    I prefer the shoulder holster since I am a wheelchair user a shoulder holster would be the best option for me.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links