Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Pink Bullets: October Breast Cancer Awareness Month

Member #
    Liked
    435 times

Pink Bullets: October Breast Cancer Awareness Month

Cool idea:
    "Falcon Bullet Company is conducting an October Breast Cancer Awareness Campaign. For a limited time, FBC will be offering their FalCoated bullets in Breast Cancer Awareness Pink. A portion of the proceeds will go to a national foundation that funds Breast Cancer Education, Early Detection and Prevention, and Financial Medical Assistance to patients diagnosed with this terrible disease."

ei8ht, Colt-SL, navajoRN and 2 others like this.
    NRA Lifetime Member
    NRA Instructor
    Shooting more, typing less

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    9262 times
    Great cause!

Tony

“It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carry the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life, or death ---- it shall be life.” - Ten Bears - “The Outlaw Josey Wales”

Member #
    Liked
    1171 times
    Great cause, but their promotion should specify just what "national foundation" the money is going to. Maybe I'm just a skeptic.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    293 times

Thumbs up Hahahahahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by Colt-SL View Post
    Great cause!

I want the T-shirt!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

TWAW Chapter Leader ~ Certified NRA and TWAW Instructor ~ NRA Life Member

Member #
    Liked
    132 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurryin' Hoosier View Post
    Great cause, but their promotion should specify just what "national foundation" the money is going to. Maybe I'm just a skeptic.
    As we should be. The "pink" cancer money raising machine should be viewed with a skeptical eye.

Pouring hundreds of millions of dollars into the various "pink" cancer money making machines has done what exactly? Has breast cancer been beaten yet? Has the rate of breast cancer dipped even ever so slightly?

What is the yearly income of the organizations/people who collect these millions?

Is not paying Fed, State, and local taxes not enough?

What about the other thousand types of cancer?

What is the percentile of collected money actually given to actual research?

What are the operating costs of the now hundreds of breast cancer money collection organizations?

"A portion of the proceeds" ... Really? How much and to whom is the "portion" going to?

I am not against donations, however, I am against scams where 15% of the donation MIGHT be used ... and 85% go to "operating" costs.

There are many creative ways to help those battling cancer.... buying something pink just to feel good, yet making someone else ultimately rich, is not one of those ways for me.
    Crosstown likes this.
    I prefer Colts.....Semper Fi

Member #
    Liked
    933 times
    Folks lets slow down a little and do some research. Check the website out. The campaign is for Breast Cancer. The owners mother was stricken with breast cancer in 2012 and it came back in 2014. Here is one of the links and if you go on Falcon's home page they have three distinct links to this campaign.

Breast Cancer Awareness Campaign

I wish them the very best and lets get rid of this awful disease.
    slim609 and guy sajer like this.
    SNAKES complete, what's next?

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I think the issue people are raising is that the link to FBC's Campaign doesn't specify which organization will get a portion of the proceeds. From the link:

With each box of 500 bullets sold, a portion will be donated to a nationally known breast cancer organization specializing in education, early detection, and patient care
    As mentioned above, some "nationally known breast cancer organizations" put a disproportionate percent of donations towards actually helping the issue (vs say, their CEO's salary). It would be nice if FBC mentioned which organization specifically would be getting the donations.
    Last edited by goldeneye; 09-01-2014 at 11:39 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    2364 times
    Quote Originally Posted by paul45 View Post
    As we should be. The "pink" cancer money raising machine should be viewed with a skeptical eye.

Pouring hundreds of millions of dollars into the various "pink" cancer money making machines has done what exactly? Has breast cancer been beaten yet? Has the rate of breast cancer dipped even ever so slightly?

What is the yearly income of the organizations/people who collect these millions?

Is not paying Fed, State, and local taxes not enough?

What about the other thousand types of cancer?

What is the percentile of collected money actually given to actual research?

What are the operating costs of the now hundreds of breast cancer money collection organizations?

"A portion of the proceeds" ... Really? How much and to whom is the "portion" going to?

I am not against donations, however, I am against scams where 15% of the donation MIGHT be used ... and 85% go to "operating" costs.

There are many creative ways to help those battling cancer.... buying something pink just to feel good, yet making someone else ultimately rich, is not one of those ways for me.

Most companies that start a public campaign to donate some portion of proceeds to a cause will use firms that research charitable organizations. They don't want to have their company name associated with a charity that ends up with a poor reputation. Most reputable charities will publish their finances; the "concerns" you raise can usually be answered with minimal effort.

While it certainly is being done with "marketing" in mind, companies that team up with charities usually create a "win-win" situation for all involved. I'm certainly not opposed to having a cautious attitude before participating, but would caution you against becoming "cynical" as such business-charity partnerships can really be helpful.

Member #
    Liked
    132 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jackvs1 View Post
    Folks lets slow down a little and do some research.

Originally Posted by 1903joe
    I'm certainly not opposed to having a cautious attitude before participating, but would caution you against becoming "cynical" as such business-charity partnerships can really be helpful.

Last reply, I hope to not dissuade anyone from becoming involved... I just do not like the direction some big pink charities are going.

A quick background check...

My wife is a 24 year Oncology RN. She and the Docs she works with make themselves available to their patients... support groups, creative ways to help patients financially and physically, and more.

My Mom died a horrible death after fighting it for years.... from breast cancer.

Slow down and do a little research? OK

Think Before You Pink » Before You Buy Pink

Why I divorced the Susan G. Komen Foundation years ago | Lisa Bonchek Adams

Komen Foundation's Race is for Money, Not the Cure

I Will Not Be Pinkwashed: Komen's Race Is For Money, Not Cure | Alternet

These links are just four links.

I wont post anymore about this. I apologize for offending anyone. I just ask that those of us who contribute do so as to not become "pinkwashed".
    Road Rat, Tranter45, TimH and 1 others like this.
    I prefer Colts.....Semper Fi

Member #
    Liked
    45 times
    When a cure is found for cancer it will be totally accidental when some yoyo is looking for something totally different..................then EUREKA.............

Most cures have been. We spend billions of dollars annually keeping researchers employed in the name of cancer...............at least they aren't hurting anything; I don't think!
    Keep Them In The TEN Ring!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links