Colt Forum banner

Colt Derringer Sets worth

5K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  cotton143 
#1 ·
Hi, i'm new to the forum, hello everyone. Does anyone on here have some idea's on what these sets are worth. Colt bookcase set, Colt lord set, Colt Lady set, Colt lord and Lady set. Friend said I needed to have these insured on my house policy but not sure that they are valueable enough for that or not. Your input will be appreciated.

#2 ·
Hi Lee, Welcome!
All these sets were, IMO, novelty items when marketed and sold. They have not increased in value that I have seen and may collectively be worth little more than their original selling prices. The sets you have, in original condition with packaging and papers might fetch @ $1000.00 together, maybe less.
Randy

#3 ·
Grunt is right on the button. Colt commemorative revolvers and pistols do not hold their values. And, the spur trigger derringers have literally no collector value. The vast majority of collectors will turn up their noses at manufactured collectibles; rightly so.

#4 ·
Ok, seems like im getting a lot of different opinions. Found out they were about $75 new back in 1960, and as far as current just had a offer of 525 on the bookcase and the others 400 to 500 in value depending on condition and the case, Guess I need to actually get them appraised.

#5 ·
Sell them NOW. I doubt that you'll ever see another offer like that.

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, seems like im getting a lot of different opinions. Found out they were about $75 new back in 1960, and as far as current just had a offer of 525 on the bookcase and the others 400 to 500 in value depending on condition and the case, Guess I need to actually get them appraised.

[/ QUOTE ]

#7 ·
appreciate the opinions but someone sent me a few links on gunsamerica. The colt commerative derringer sets are bringing way over what your suggested. Thanks for the emails and the history on these. Im going to go with the majority and figure on a average of 450 to 500 a set. Guess ill add a rider to the insurance

#8 ·
Lee,
As you may be new to the Colt and/or gun community especially the gun auction sites, the auction site you mentioned has, IMO, the highest asking prices of all. What you see being asked for and what these items will sell for, if ever, are vastly different. You asked and we answered honestly. Good luck!
Randy

I should have added that you can register for these auction sites for free, including Gunbroker.com and auctionarms.com and the other, then use their search engines to view past sales of similar items to see what they really sell for. I believe then, the truth will-out!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.