Colt Forum banner

A friendly Smith & Wesson appreciation thread

295K views 2K replies 426 participants last post by  inspcalahan 
#1 · (Edited)
On another thread Dirty Harry posted a picture of a beautiful new in the box pre M27. Since a lot of us Colt collectors also like that "other brand" and I rarely go to the Smith & Wesson forum because I like you guys more, lets see some S&Ws.

See less See more
#1,208 ·
I have always liked the Model 49 Bodyguard in nickel so I had to buy one which leads to buying a second:

On another thread Dirty Harry posted a picture of a beautiful new in the box pre M27. Since a lot of us Colt collectors also like that "other brand" and I rarely go to the Smith & Wesson forum because I like you guys more, lets see some S&Ws.

Grandpas carry gun from the 30's

Attachments

#7 ·
I know this is a Colt forum, but I think the S&Ws have an edge when it comes to function, fit and finish. I have worked on many Colts and S&Ws, and if i had to pick a shooter it would definitely be a S&W. Here's my Dirty Harry gun (29-2), I have fired it a few times but it's now retired to safe queen status:

Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Gun barrel

#1,408 · (Edited)
I know this is a Colt forum, but I think the S&Ws have an edge when it comes to function, fit and finish. I have worked on many Colts and S&Ws, and if i had to pick a shooter it would definitely be a S&W. Here's my Dirty Harry gun (29-2), I have fired it a few times but it's now retired to safe queen status:

View attachment 85155
I love 'em both, but the N frames are my favorite Smiths. Any Calibre... Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood Gun accessory
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood Gun accessory

Diamondback, next, tho.....
Revolver Wood Trigger Air gun Gun barrel
M27 with Magnaport full pkg from 70s/80s ,5"
Revolver Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel

#9 ·
We have a few Smith & Wesson revolvers, and we've had a few others over the years. One of my favorite revolvers is a S&W Combat Masterpiece or Model 15. We've had a couple of Model 19s, several Model 29s, a Model 25-2, 25-5, a Model 28, and some 36s, and currently have a Model 19-3; 6 inch, a nickel M 27 6 inch, and a later production Model 24 6 inch.

I don't have any pictures of them, but do have a few shots of my Dad's K-38 Target Masterpiece, slightly modified by him with the target upgrades. We still have this one as well as the box:
Label
Font
Box Metal
Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Gun accessory
Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Gun accessory

This post has been deleted
#25 ·
So here are a few random items from the Smith & Wesson part of my collection:
1. A Model 1896 Hand Ejector shipped in 1900 to E.K.Tryon Co. in Philadelphia
2. A .32 Safety Hammerless shipped in 1906 to Pacific Hardware in San Francisco
3. A .38 Regulation Police shipped in 1917, from the estate of Spencer Olin (of Olin Corp./Winchester-Western)
4. Two retired police service guns: A 1947 S-series M&P (Nassau Co. PD/Mineola NY) and a 1968 Model 10-6 (NYPD).

Attachments

#293 ·
Nice .32 "Lemon squeezer"

Hi Absalom:
That is a fine looking .32 Safety Hammerless "Lemon Squeezer. I'v never seen a pair of wood grips like the ones shown on your revolver. were they special made? I have a small colletion of Lemon Squeezers, in both .38 S&W, and .32 S&W., and have never seen beautiful wood grips of that type before. I would love to find a source for them. Thanks for sharing your S&W revolvers with us.
Sut