Gallery of Revolvers on Custom Shop Inc Website
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Gallery of Revolvers on Custom Shop Inc Website

Member #
    Liked
    3414 times
    Many collectors are cautious of TV reality shows like Pawn Stars and some of the other gun shop shows, that seem to be lacking in expertise but high in drama. Credibility comes from your work itself. I see some nice looking guns on the site, but that's about all I know.
    Last edited by azshot; 03-18-2017 at 04:26 PM.
    paglazier, cajuncolt and ei8ht like this.

Supporting Vendor

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    We have been in Montana for 11 years Now. Started our Gun Shop on Day one. The Outdoor Channel found our story compelling enough to do a TV show called "The Gunfather". The Outdoor Channel is a wonderful network to work with. You can go on our website and actually watch some episodes. We are a full service Gun Shop from the beginning. Nothing is Out Sourced. We have hundreds of people each year come out and meet the family and see The Gun Shop. This is a family run Company. Whats better than to wake up each morning and do what you love. GUNS.!! There will always be hatters. The Negative Comments. That is fine, everyone is entitled to their opinions. Our focus is Rare and Collectable Firearms. Sales, Service and Restoration. Hundreds of family heirlooms that have been handed down to a family member. Having the opportunity to make that gun look like it did when it was first manufactured. The phone call when a Firearm is received stating "OMG" I can not believe this is the same gun. Dozen of Retired Police Officers that used to carry a Colt Python on Duty wanting it to look like it did when it was issued. We have met the most terrific people in this industry. We appreciate all the members that have welcomed us with open arms. Thank You Custom Shop Inc.
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
    Custom Shop Inc.
    Firearm Sales & Restoration

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Member #
    Liked
    1779 times
    I didn't get a reply to this, so again:

Quote Originally Posted by Olle View Post
    I noticed that none of your offerings mention either "original", "reproduction" or "refinished". Wouldn't it be appropriate to make that distinction?

For example: The description of the gun in the link below doesn't tell you anything about the actual gun, it's just a generic blurb about Pythons in general. So is it in mint original condition with original paperwork, or is it a restored gun with reproduction paperwork?

Colt Python .357 Mag 8" Bright Stainless Steel Finish, Like New In Blue Case. - Custom Shop
    paglazier likes this.
    Deer Hollow Enterprises, LLC
    Gun repair and restoration

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    3414 times
    I'm just saying that if before and after pictures or testimonies by people that have had a gun refinished are provided, it will be more convincing than anything. I also know putting on a TV show on premises is very disrupting and time consuming.

Has anyone used them here? We all know about Turnbull, working with Colt and Winchester over the years formally.
    Last edited by azshot; 03-18-2017 at 04:20 PM.
    paglazier and ei8ht like this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    654 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Custom Shop Inc View Post
    There will always be hatters.

Yep!

Mad even.
    d.a.r.y.l and ei8ht like this.

Supporting Vendor

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Yes doing TV is very disrupting and time consuming. 12-16 hour days. But Rewarding. The pay back is working with your family and Great people like Doug Turnbull. Doug and his team are absolute Masters at what they do. We had a great few days shooting and conversing on set about what we do. Gunsmithing and Restoration. I was able to spend some time with Doug at the 2017 Shot Show Colt Display. We just started to post on the forum so we will be taking before and afters to show everyone soon. I will not be responding and playing the back and forth game as many seem to do on the forum. I guess they have a lot of time on their hands. We are here to show the Colt Enthusiast where to go for any Parts, service and Restorations. We are currently running approx. 60 Days on a Reblue and 90 on Nickel Plating. Stainless Revolvers approx. 30 Days. Thank You
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
    Custom Shop Inc.
    Firearm Sales & Restoration

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Member #
    Liked
    1779 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Custom Shop Inc View Post
    I will not be responding and playing the back and forth game as many seem to do on the forum. I guess they have a lot of time on their hands.
    Yep, asking if a gun is refinished or not does become a back and forth game if you refuse to answer. But your reaction to the question speaks volumes, so never mind.
    Deer Hollow Enterprises, LLC
    Gun repair and restoration

Member #
    Liked
    50 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Olle View Post
    Yep, asking if a gun is refinished or not does become a back and forth game if you refuse to answer. But your reaction to the question speaks volumes, so never mind.
    Reminds me of Patriot Polishing which also advertises here. No mention of pricing on their web site, and in a similar thread avoided publicly answering questions on cost, they'd only discuss privately in a PM. Their work may be fantastic, but this kind of elusiveness makes me nervous and scares me off.

Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olle View Post
    yep, asking if a gun is refinished or not does become a back and forth game if you refuse to answer. But your reaction to the question speaks volumes, so never mind.

bib big big flag!! A red one!!
    weagle99 and bsmalley23 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    2997 times
    Are the hammers blue on your reblued guns?

ETA: I asked this question in this vendor's forum and never got an answer.

Last edited by weagle99; 03-19-2017 at 09:23 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links