Gallery of Revolvers on Custom Shop Inc Website
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Gallery of Revolvers on Custom Shop Inc Website

Member #
    Liked
    433 times
    Dang, by the way some of you are responding you would think these folks had screwed every Colt collector on the face of the earth. Anyone had any bad experiences with the Custom Shop? If so provide details please. I understand being cautious but some of you are being hostile. What if these folks are the answer to Colt services that no longer exist? What if they are legit and want to provide what we have been searching for? I have wondered all along why some one hasn't picked up the slack Colt has decided to create. I for one hope these people are/become the Colt repair shop we have all been searching for. I for one will give them a chance.

Supporting Vendor

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Hi, Hammers are Blued. Then are Brushed on the sides just like factory. We will work on taking Better Pictures. Dont blame you for asking. When we do a restoration we Do it 100% like when it came from the Factory. Any smudges you see are Oil. Any questions please feel free to ask. Custom Shop Inc
    Custom Shop Inc.
    Firearm Sales & Restoration

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Member #
    Liked
    5345 times
    I wish you luck. I think its a simple matter when a gun is advertised to state whether it`s been reblued, repaired or original. Thats what most prospective buyers want to know. The guns you have shown look top notch to me. I suppose many here remember the "Talk" about Fords. I have never done business with Fords and don't think I ever handled one. The thing is I read a lot about them through the years and it seemed on both here and on the S&W site every time someone asked where to send their gun to be refinished the first stock answer was always, "Fords". Now lately the last year or so, I have seen them bad mouthed on both sites. It`s not fair, but that sort of thing makes people wary of others. Dont take me wrong I admit that I never seen a Ford refinish in my hands but am saying 2nd hand of what I read. I think we all just want to know exactly what we are buying. Again, I wish you well, hope you do good work and are highly successful.
    73shovel likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    127 times
    Quote Originally Posted by hookedon1911s View Post
    Dang, by the way some of you are responding you would think these folks had screwed every Colt collector on the face of the earth. Anyone had any bad experiences with the Custom Shop? If so provide details please. I understand being cautious but some of you are being hostile. What if these folks are the answer to Colt services that no longer exist? What if they are legit and want to provide what we have been searching for? I have wondered all along why some one hasn't picked up the slack Colt has decided to create. I for one hope these people are/become the Colt repair shop we have all been searching for. I for one will give them a chance.
    There has always been other businesses to pick up Colt's slack. In fact Baron Technology is who Colt outsources a lot of there Colt Python refinishing, Colt SAA's and Colt semi-auto's work. Not only did Colt tell me this but a friend of mine called and also i called Baron Technology and talked to the owner and he also confirmed this. Also Colt has not done in house nickel for many years and when i talked to Joe Canali who use to be over Colt's Custom Shop he confirmed this and i was told what business does their nickel work but i can't remember. Here's the link to Baron Technology: Baron Technology | Engraving At Its Finest
    bsmalley23 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1504 times
    Quote Originally Posted by feralmerril View Post
    I wish you luck. I think its a simple matter when a gun is advertised to state whether it`s been reblued, repaired or original. Thats what most prospective buyers want to know.
    I believe most people with any kind of sense want to know that before they fork out $7k for a Python, and it should be a very simple "yes" or "no" question. So if you ask about this and get the answer that they "don't want to play games", then you know who's playing games.
    73shovel, 5thGroup, Papa and 1 others like this.
    Deer Hollow Enterprises, LLC
    Gun repair and restoration

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    91 times
    Well said Olle!

Supporting Vendor

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Wow. Thank You. Colt is a very important name to our family as it is to our Company. We didn't just start doing this a few months ago. This is our passion. Going shooting with my family. Filming television and shooting the guns that we love. Colt is Legendary. We put the same passion into our restorations as the Colt gunsmiths have done for generations.
    So I have to start by telling everyone our process. We have a super friendly website which can be easily navigated. We are Not just Handguns. Check out our large selection of Collectible rifles. Shotguns from Caesar Guerini etc. Our accessories and parts. Most revolver parts we do not even show on our web as of yet, but if you call we will be able to help you. You can also view our Gunshop, The TV Show right on our site.
    When we receive... lets just say a Colt Python. This is our process. We call the customer from the contact info provided. At that moment we go over the revolver with the customer. We check the timing, make sure that it is correct before we start the restoration process. Reason being we do not want to have to open the Revolver up again after Final assembly. After we have confirmed the functionallty of the revolver . Now comes the restoration. The revolver is 100% stripped down. Press out the hammer pin and trigger pin. Remove the front sight insert. Now we are down to a bare frame with all its parts kept together in its own serialized box. Never will a part leave that box unless it is being worked on and the put back in that box. All the parts are bagged and tagged. We do not just take your frame straight to the buffer. Actually that is the last step. We flat Block all the surfaces. Making sure that what ever is flat stays Flat. No waves. If there is pitting we address that. If there is muzzle wear we address that too. Cylinder/ Turn lines we remove them. Every Revolver we glass bead the Ramp and Top of frame. We take every revolver down to 2000 grit before we will ever touch it with a wheel. Most people say we will make it look like a mirror. Not us. We will make it look like Colt. From all the great conversations that I have had people don't want to hear, I will make it look better. They want to to look like Colt made them. We will completely clean each and every individual part. There is not one part that goes untouched. When all the sanding is done, pits are removed etc. (Please remember we are totally observant of Roll marks, Proof marks, Numbers, Letters, Edges, Corners not to round them or buff them). When that revolver and all its parts are which we call Finaled. Then its time for the Bluing Tank. Im sure there are small steps that i might be forgetting but they are all done to get to this level of restoration. There is no Bluing step missed. We Correctly take every step to insure that Deep Colt Royal Blue. As i think of these steps others come to my head. We re surface every screw head. If not fixable we provide new ones. What if the Hammer and trigger pins were ground down from an inferior bluing job. We will provide New pins and seat them at the proper depth so that it looks and functions properly. The object is not to try to fool anyone that the gun is a Re-Blue but to make it look as close to original as possible. That is always the goal. Final assembly is where we have to be on our game. All of the parts are out of the tank including the frame. Completely oiled and all bluing solvents removed. Fresh Micro cloth is laid down for each and every Gun. Time for Re assembly. No mistakes can be made. Installation of all mechanical parts are now assembled. All surfaces look as they should. Hammer sides are brushed just as Original. So basically what is staring at me is a complete revolver with the side plate off. I install the Cylinder release spring and cylinder release on the side plate. Before the revolver is closed up we use a profession grade grease stick made by Western Powders. Its like a syringe. All parts are lubricated prior to assembly. Installation of the side plate and Install the 2 side plate screws. There are 2 different heads on these screws so the flat head goes to the back and the semi rounded head goes right above the trigger. Do do slide the screw driver off that screw head or its right to the beginning. Be absolute careful. I will cycle the revolver single action and double action to make sure it is functioning properly. Next the sight insert. Either 1 pin or 2 pin. Again, one slip. its right to the beginning. The rear sight. Making sure the 2 springs are seated properly before screwing it it. A few turns and time to put the roll pin in. This is another nail bitter. Making sure the punch does not slide off and mark the frame. If so. lol . You know what at this point. Last but not least the cylinder. Two types. Some the ratchet just has to be slid into the cylinder or some early models the ratchet has to be screwed on and has to seat perfectly on the 2 dimples on the cylinder. Turn the cylinder so the flute is lined with the frame and slide it in. Of course screw the ejector rod in if its a later model. I always on 357 revolvers put a mandatory cylinder ring in before I close the cylinder for the final time. Pull the release back and Lock that bolt into the cylinder with NO TURN LINES. Another beauty is installing the Cylinder Screw. Three parts in total. Grease the crane a little before installing the screw. Last of the putting a screw driver to the revolver before putting the Grips on. Just want to let everyone know that there is NO secret. Its not what we do but how good we do it. Honored to be Colt Recommended. The staff at Colt are wonderful people. Colt is Legendary and the Custom Shop Inc is here to Let that Family Heirloom live on. Thank You
    Last edited by Custom Shop Inc; 03-20-2017 at 04:30 PM.
    feralmerril likes this.
    Custom Shop Inc.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Supporting Vendor

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Wanted to mention that we do all the restoration services for All Colt Finishes. Python Bright Stainless, Satin Stainless, Satin to Bright Stainless, Anaconda, King Cobra, Boa, 10 Pointer, Python Hunter, Cobra, Detective Special, Trooper, MKIII, Diamondback, Etc. I can't tell you how many owners guns were stolen. Sheriffs office scribbing official numbers on the frame. People putting their social security numbers all over the frame and on the side plates. We have seen it all. Not every gun is a candidate for a restoration. Some we just tell our customer they are better off selling or keep it as a shooter. Even if you just want to freshen up your gun. Remove the Turn Lines. Remove the powder Burns, Muzzle Flash. Give you Hand gun a Good cleaning. Most customers have no idea but when I open their gun half the time if not more it is completely dry inside. Metal to Metal.
    We have been getting a lot of 1911"s in for non functioning issues. We can take care of those also. customshopinc.com is our website. take a look. if there is something i may be forgetting just ask. Thanks and have a good Night
    feralmerril likes this.
    Custom Shop Inc.

Member #
    Liked
    127 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Custom Shop Inc View Post
    Any questions please feel free to ask. Custom Shop Inc
    I had asked this question earlier in this thread but never got an answer yes or no. So i guess i will ask you again, are these original Colt Python service stocks? COLT PYTHON I-FRAME COCOBOLA GRIPS FACTORY NEW. GOLD MEDALLIONS - Custom Shop

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    91 times
    I have one question?
    On page 4 of your section for Colts you have for sale, you list a “Safe Queen” 6” Python which is your inventory number
    CS_000571.
    Is this Factory Original Blue and Grips orone you resored?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links