Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: A new clone/replica. Looks interesting

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1321 times
    Well I had been hesitant to mention these but here goes. Saw these at Shot and then two weeks ago at SCI. CMSC acquired most of the USFA machinery when Doug shut down. They were probably 10 miles apart (with Colt halfway between). CSMC set up Standard for their gun projects outside of their M21, Fox, RBL, A10 etc. they are now making ARs (with expertise from the turmoil at Stag Arms (same town), m1911s, and SAAs (which are quite nice in person) made on the old USFA machinery and to their old specs. Doug did some setup consulting for Tony to get them started but they soon parted ways. The SAAs seemed quite nice. I did not shoot them but closely inspected 4 or 5. The ARs and 1911s seemed rather pedestrian but I think that is their target market. I did tell them that although the SAA guns looked very, very nice, they were priced $2-300 to high. I do know the Colt guys were very curious about this development.
    Last edited by skwcoltguy; 02-14-2017 at 01:27 AM. Reason: spelling
    SKW

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    532 times
    Interesting development?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bighipiron View Post
    I know what you mean. I would invest in a modern Merwin and Hulbert, but that venture has been tried and failed. Such a pity.
    It is a pitty, Im already wanting another colt but dont wanna get scalped on the gun sites. Around here I dont know where you can find them at a decent price other than maybe a private party. Their another one on gunbroker right now and theyre asking $2700, now thats high.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    I've been watching their web site ever since this thread began. Today I noticed that they now show their SAA, along with their 1911. The only SAA shown lists for $1399, case hardened, and available in .45 only.
    Last edited by LB001; 02-14-2017 at 04:22 PM.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    997 times
    If they are as well built as the domestic USFA's, it will great to have another option for a premium SAA. Hopefully other variations, configurations and chamberings will follow.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Quote Originally Posted by LB001 View Post
    I've been watching their web site ever since this thread began. Today I noticed that they now show their SAA, along with their 1911. The only SAA shown lists for $1399, case hardened, and available in .45 only.
    Oh yeah ? I'll have to look at that !

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    It's there $1399, I might call them tomorrow and see if I can learn more. I would want to see one before I'd consider buying.

Member #
    Liked
    1617 times
    I know it's heresy to many of you guys, but I really like my latest Ruger New Vaquero purchase - it's a .357 Talo Edition. The fit & finish are pretty darn nice IMO, and it looks more like the Colt than the standard NV models. They also come in .45 Colt.

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Ruger makes a very good single action, I have two of them. A Bisley in 45 colt and super Blackhawk 44 mag. Something about the colt profile and the 4 clicks that turn me on.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    7180 times
    Quote Originally Posted by skwcoltguy View Post
    Well I had been hesitant to mention these but here goes. Saw these at Shot and then two weeks ago at SCI. CMSC acquired most of the USFA machinery when Doug shut down. They were probably 10 miles apart (with Colt halfway between). CSMC set up Standard for their gun projects outside of their M21, Fox, RBL, A10 etc. they are now making ARs (with expertise from the turmoil at Stag Arms (same town), m1911s, and SAAs (which are quite nice in person) made on the old USFA machinery and to their old specs. Doug did some setup consulting for Tony to get them started but they soon parted ways. The SAAs seemed quite nice. I did not shoot them but closely inspected 4 or 5. The ARs and 1911s seemed rather pedestrian but I think that is their target market. I did tell them that although the SAA guns looked very, very nice, they were priced $2-300 to high. I do know the Colt guys were very curious about this development.

I received emails from some different guys in Single action grip making that took notice of the Shot Show video interview on gunblast.
    I'm glad you got to put your hands on it to get an idea of what might be coming out to the market soon. I know that behind the scenes here, as we talk via email amongst the lads, the expectations are high for this to be a nice single action.
    Having the CNC machinery is an obvious necessity to produce, which they have. I hear another key ingredient of producing a single action masterpiece is a master armorer that settles for only the best. Best of luck to this new endeavor.
    🔫 WWYS

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links