+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Chaffee
  • 1 Post By swamprat
  • 1 Post By pyshtrvr

Thread: WTB: Colt SAA grips.

  1. #1
    Member BANE is on a distinguished road

    Member #
    17386
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Battle Ground, WA.
    Posts
    68
    Liked
    0 times

    WTB: Colt SAA grips.

    Im looking for a set of wood grips with the silver rattle snake on the sides.Like the ones Clint Eastwood uses in his westerns.Thanks for any help.BANE

  2. #2
    Supporting Member Chaffee is on a distinguished road
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    12998
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Great Plains
    Posts
    2,119
    Liked
    2025 times
    About 10-15 years ago, I purchased just the sterling silver snake from an outfit that had a lot of Eastwood spagettii western repro stuff. Put it on my 5 1/2 Cimarron .45 and walla: A real impressive looking gun. I don't know how many years later I see Cimarron copying me (LOL) with their Man with no name Navies. Their snake is slightly different than mine though and dosen't look as good-finish wise. I saw a pic of Wyatt Burp's the other day, but don't remember what thread it was on. If I can run across the name of the place I bought mine from I'll give it to you if they are still around. It was very simple to install-just drill 3 or 4 small holes in your grip and add a little wood glue. Price if I recall was about $85-$100.
    BANE likes this.

  3. #3
    Senior Member swamprat will become famous soon enough

    Member #
    2624
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    SE Texas swamp
    Posts
    2,854
    Liked
    1915 times
    Bane,
    You mean like this? I got them here:Spaghetti Western Replicas, Gunfighter Gear and Accessories
    Just the snakes in silver and mounted them on the Ebony grips. You can find a similar snake made of Pewter on ebay, but they are not as nice.


    BANE likes this.

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    TED CRUZ FOR PREZ IN '16!

  4. #4
    Supporting Member Chaffee is on a distinguished road
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    12998
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Great Plains
    Posts
    2,119
    Liked
    2025 times
    Swamprat: That's the place I got mine from. Thanks

  5. #5
    Senior Member pyshtrvr is on a distinguished road

    Member #
    14403
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Seattle Territory
    Posts
    481
    Liked
    144 times
    Here's an example of the "Good/Bad/Ugly gun, Cimarron 51 Navy arm. These grips are custom, by Bob Lescovic. They ae exquisite. The snake is inlayed to the wood, not just sitting on top.
    Also note the added detail to the eye.




    Last edited by pyshtrvr; 06-20-2012 at 07:34 AM.
    BANE likes this.

  6. #6
    Member BANE is on a distinguished road

    Member #
    17386
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Battle Ground, WA.
    Posts
    68
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by swamprat View Post
    Bane,
    You mean like this? I got them here:Spaghetti Western Replicas, Gunfighter Gear and Accessories
    Just the snakes in silver and mounted them on the Ebony grips. You can find a similar snake made of Pewter on ebay, but they are not as nice.



    These are very nice! i guess im not the only one to think of doing the snake grip
    I really like the look of them on the dark grip color..
    Thanks you!

  7. #7
    Member BANE is on a distinguished road

    Member #
    17386
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Battle Ground, WA.
    Posts
    68
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pyshtrvr View Post
    Here's an example of the "Good/Bad/Ugly gun, Cimarron 51 Navy arm. These grips are custom, by Bob Lescovic. They ae exquisite. The snake is inlayed to the wood, not just sitting on top.
    Also note the added detail to the eye.





    Do you remember how much he charged? I really like how he set the snake in the grip as you pointed out Very Cool! and the color with the snake i like that too.

  8. #8
    Member BANE is on a distinguished road

    Member #
    17386
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Battle Ground, WA.
    Posts
    68
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaffee View Post
    About 10-15 years ago, I purchased just the sterling silver snake from an outfit that had a lot of Eastwood spagettii western repro stuff. Put it on my 5 1/2 Cimarron .45 and walla: A real impressive looking gun. I don't know how many years later I see Cimarron copying me (LOL) with their Man with no name Navies. Their snake is slightly different than mine though and dosen't look as good-finish wise. I saw a pic of Wyatt Burp's the other day, but don't remember what thread it was on. If I can run across the name of the place I bought mine from I'll give it to you if they are still around. It was very simple to install-just drill 3 or 4 small holes in your grip and add a little wood glue. Price if I recall was about $85-$100.

    Thanks for your help! do you have a pictures of your gun?

  9. #9
    Supporting Member Trapdoor is on a distinguished road
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    7910
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Arizona desert
    Posts
    672
    Liked
    127 times
    OUTLAW GRIPS out of Tucson,AZ also offers this style of stocks.
    "My very first pistol was a cap and ball Colt
    Shoot as fast as lightnin' but it loads a mite slow" Johnny Cash


 

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-12-2013, 08:07 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-08-2012, 12:01 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-22-2011, 04:36 PM
  4. Wtb-grips for colt cobra long grip-GRIPS FOUND FEB 8th
    By Haris357 in forum Want to Sell
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-05-2010, 06:19 AM
  5. COLT Wooden Grips D Frame Grips Pachmayr Grips
    By Snubbies in forum Want to Sell
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-09-2007, 06:24 AM

Search tags for this page

cimarron man with no name revolver for sale
,
cimarron revolver grips
,
cimarron single action grips
,
clint eastwood pistol grips for sale
,
colt rattlesnake handles
,

colt saa grips

,

colt saa snake grips

,
custom cimarron grips
,
custom colt saa grips
,

custom saa grips

,
eastwood rattlesnake grips
,
eastwood snake grips
,

man with no name grips for sale

,
rattlesnake grips saa
,

saa grips

,
silver snake grips
,
silver snake grips for saa colt .45
,
silver snake grips for sale
,
snake pistol grips fron the good the bad and the ugly
,
sterling silver snake grips for colt single action army revolver
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.4
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
We are not associated with Colt's Manufacturing LLC. We are an enthusiast site comprised of Colt Fans.