SOLD Fluted 1860 Army snubnose nickel plated for for TRADE only for one of two guns
Like Tree20Likes
  • 14 Post By twaits
  • 1 Post By smutt
  • 1 Post By twaits
  • 3 Post By twaits
  • 1 Post By twaits

Thread: SOLD Fluted 1860 Army snubnose nickel plated for for TRADE only for one of two guns

Member #
    Liked
    5674 times

SOLD Fluted 1860 Army snubnose nickel plated for for TRADE only for one of two guns

I am offering this gun up for trade only for one of two guns. Either a Merwin Hulbert Pocket Army, or a snub nosed Colt Cloverleaf revolver. If this isn't a legal posting here as it isn't something that is for sale for cash, only trade, my apologies. Moderators please pull this off if I am breaking the rules. I wasn't sure if this should be in Want to Sell or Want to Buy or if I can post this either way.

Here are the details on this gun. It is a Cimarron/ Uberti Fluted 1860 Army. I cut the gun down and scrubbed all factory markings, serial number and proofmarks. I reapplied my own serial number as you can see in the pictures. Then put many hours of work into sculpting the barrel, mounting a front sight bead, polishing every part to a bright shine and installing and refinishing a birds head grip frame. I had all of the parts nickel plated and had all small parts fire blued. The grips I sanded down and stained and oiled with linseed oil. This gun is still brand new and was new before the conversion and is still new and unfired so it is mechanically perfect. I also still have the original 1860 Army grip frame I will include with it.

I realize I am asking for a trade for one of two very valuable revolvers so I may have no luck here but I thought it may be worth a try. This gun is truly one of a kind and you will not find another like it unless I decide to make another, which I probably will not do. It was too exhausting! Message me if you are interested and tell me which of the two guns you have you would consider for trade. Let's talk. Thank you.
    Last edited by twaits; 04-18-2017 at 06:14 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    1274 times
    When you say "reapplied my own serial number " does that mean you reapplied the same number or one of your choosing? Is this legally possible only because it's a black powder gun? I'm thinking I need to study the regs a little closer.
    ponyup likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    5674 times
    Quote Originally Posted by smutt View Post
    When you say "reapplied my own serial number " does that mean you reapplied the same number or one of your choosing? Is this legally possible only because it's a black powder gun? I'm thinking I need to study the regs a little closer.
    My own serial number. On muzzle loaders it doesn't matter. There are no regulations regarding serial numbers.
    Abwehr likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    5674 times
    Delete.
    Last edited by twaits; 03-23-2017 at 03:56 AM.
    Hopalong, ei8ht and muddyboot like this.

Member #
    Liked
    5674 times
    I changed my mind on this one. I've put this one up on Gunbroker. Mods, you can pull this ad.
    Thank you!

Member #
    Liked
    5674 times
    Thank you all for looking. This gun is now going to reside in Muddyboots fine collection. I'm happy he won the auction. Hope you enjoy the gun Paul!
    Now the search is on for that Merwin Hulbert.
    deyomatic likes this.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links