+ Reply to Thread
    Member OKCShooter is on a distinguished road

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

BARN FIND - Colt .45 MATCHING WWII Commemoratives

This is a VERY RARE piece of my collection. I have not seen a set like this EVER sold or listed...
    What I have for sale is a MATCHING SERIAL NUMBERED PAIR, not consecutive - MATCHING. This is 4437ETO and 4437PTO. ETO stands for "European Theater of Operations" and PTO stands for "Pacific Theater of Operations".
    Colt made these Commemoratives in 1970 and sold them as individual guns. There are only 2 guns in the WWII set. The original owner of this set must have special ordered them in order to get a matching serial number on BOTH guns. Beyond that, the real 'Barn Find' comes in...These are AS NEW in the BOXES - AS SHIPPED. EVERYTHING is there: Original Packaging, addressed to the original buyer, styrofoam, every single piece of paperwork, all packaging boxes - even the chrome dummy bullets for the presentation box are in the paper holders.
    As you can see in the pictures, the guns have been put in the presentation cases and you can see that everything is there. I included 'exploded' views of one of the guns so that you could see the 'layers' of packaging and level of originality. Both guns are packaged EXACTLY the same and are both in UNRACKED condition. Truly 100%. These guns are both Nickle plated, high polished Government Series 70 .45's - and although built in 1970, are built as they would have been in WWII. It also comes with the picture WWII book that was delivered when buying these guns - It too, is in it's original Cellophane...It's never been opened.
    These guns fit into many collections: Colt Collections, Presentation and Commemorative collections and WWII collections. There may not be another set like this anywhere...
    Individual ETO or PTO Colts sell in the $1200-$1800 price range, with asking prices in the $1300-$2000 price range EACH:
    http://www.gunsamerica.com/Search.as...d-all=1&t=colt war II&as=365&mn=0&mx=0&ffl=&ca=&co=&f=&sort=&numberpe rpage=50&cid=&lid=&dn=&ns=0&zipcode=&distance=0&li mittostate=&
    As a set, this collection books at over $3000, not taking into account matching numbers or the level of originality. I am pricing them at $2900 Shipped for the set.I can take more pictures or answer any questions. So here are the pictures:

If PM's are down, feel free to email me at: jasondcunningham@hotmail.com

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    This is probably the only complete, matching, as delivered, original set in the world.

All for the price of a used Wilson...

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Sill looking at offers. Trades are always welcome, too.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I've had some good offers - not all trades would have to be Colts...

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Price drop on These to $2600 Shipped...

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Ads