• 1 Post By SF_VI

Thread: Alien Gear Holster Reveiw - Sig P226

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1407 times

Alien Gear Holster Reveiw - Sig P226

As promised, here is a review of my recently obtained Alien Gear IWB holster for a Sig Sauer P226 Elite Stainless 9mm that I ordered.

BACKGROUND: I've seen the ads on this forum and other magazines as well so I figured why not? The price was reasonable ($29.99 for the holster and $5.00 extra for black - not sure why - recommend make them all the same price). Holster ordered on 2/12/14 (as a valentine's day gift to me from my lovely wife). I was a little surprised to get the email reading 2 to 4 weeks for delivery, but not a big deal. Holster arrived on 3/8/14 so about 3 weeks.

UNBOXING: The holster arrived in a bubbled brown envelop well packaged. It included the invoice, a small instruction booklet, an alien gear sticker, small bag of extra screws and spacers, and the holster itself. Overall nice packaging to help keep the price down. (4 out of 5 K's)

IMG_4966.JPGIMG_4968.JPGIMG_4969.JPG

COMFORT: Although I've only been wearing it for a few days, it is a very comfortable holster, even with the full size gun I selected for it. Hooks easily on my jeans and a sturdy belt. Gun draw is easy yet sufficient grip on the gun to keep it in place. (5 out of 5 K's)

DESIGN/COOL FACTOR: The plastic part of the holster that snugs the gun up to the very nice leather backer fits great. My only ding on this is the alien gear logo in white - maybe a stiched or black emblem would be less showy - I understand they need to brand their product, but the white on black logo is a little distracting (4 out of 5 K's).

FIT: The holster fit to the gun was outstanding. Slipped in perfectly and had nice "resistance" already set in the screw tightness in withdrawing the gun from the holster. Again FIT of the gun was absolutely spot on. (5 out of 5 K's)

WARRANTY/OTHER: Alien Gear has a great 30 day return policy so they will take it back if not satisfied. They also have a nice lifetime warranty on the "shell" portion so if you change carry guns, they will sent you a new "shell" to attached to your already sweated on leather, which is great. Frankly, if I were to carry another gun, at the price they are asking, I'd just get a new Alien Holster for that carry gun, allowing me the ability to carry the other as needed. (5 out of 5 K's)

FINAL COMMENTS - I have NOT been compensated by Alient Gear and purchased this holster on my own dime. I know there are many, many holster manufacturers out there and many are very, very good. I appreciate value and feel this is definitely an IWB holster to consider for fit, finish and price if that is what you are looking for. Overall, good value and and good price for what seems to be a very sturdy and comfortable holster. Recommended!

SCORE: 4.6 out of 5 K's

Thanks for reading. End of diatribe 03092014-1.

Kraaaken

Member #
    Liked
    201 times
    I have never been attracted to the Kydex style holsters, thinking they are cheap, and if I'm going to pay over a grand for a Colt, I should at least carry it in leather.

Then I took a Springfield XDs in on a trade deal a few weeks ago, and have since softened my opinion of Kydex. Time will tell if the Kydex material has any adverse effects on gun finishes.

Thanks for a fine review.
    Tom

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    I have a Alien Gear Holster and I will say it wears very well.......kydex fits the gun well also.
    AlienGearHolsters likes this.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links